Skip to content

How to get a portrait for your imported character which used manleys portrait pack.

mokalokamokaloka Member Posts: 3
I actually managed to find a solution to this, but it took some tinkering...

Note: When speaking about BG:EE folder or BG2:EE folders it is, at least for windows in your Users/Documents/ folder.

1. First, you must export you character from the record screen in BG:EE. For some reason I couldn't do that in the final save file, so I used the one right before the battle with Sarevok.
2. Find that character file in you BG:EE "characters" folder (it's the one with CHR extension).
3. Open it with any text editor.
4. There is a load of crap there (it is not meant to be viewed in a text editor) and find where it says MANLEY#SMANLEY#M, where # can be any number.
5. What you now need is two bitmap (24-bit) files with those filenames (you should substitute the number for what you saw in your character file), the one with and M with in the end is the big one in your charcter screen, and it should have the size 169x266 amd the one with the S in the end should be of size 58x84.
6. You can put any portraits in those that you like, I myself took the opportunity to change mine, otherwise you have to look for another portrait pack to find the specific one you need or use something like the Near Infinity tool to extract them.
7. Place those files in the portraits folder in the BG2:EE folder. I had to create this directory.
8. Run the game, you don't even have to start a new game.

Please feel free to ask questions if you have any, I will answer as quickly as possible, however, Sweden plays in the world cup playoffs tonight, so between 2045 and 2230 CET I will be very busy...

Hope it helps.
Post edited by LiamEsler on

Comments

• BTpatBTpat Member Posts: 12
    Hey i noticed that youre good in the topic of Portraits. My portraits disapeard when i imported my characters to BGII:EE any ideas how i could fix that?
    Any help would be very apriciated
  • ScratchnSniff0ScratchnSniff0 Member Posts: 1
    Can't find the files.
  • mokalokamokaloka Member Posts: 3
    @BTpat: the instructions above is actually for getting ANY portrait at all. it seems like when you are importing a character with the manley portrait pack, there is some sort of bug. so basically, to get the exact same portrait again, you have to find it elsewhere. just follow these instructions and you should be fine.

@ScratchnSniff0: have you done an export of the character in the character record screen? the files should be in the My Documents/Baldurs Gate Enhanced/characters folder or otherwise i don't know.
  • mokalokamokaloka Member Posts: 3
    It seems like it is another and more convenient solution here:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/397787/#Comment_397787