Skip to content

Reasons not to buy BGEE

2»

Comments

• SkeevyGnomeSkeevyGnome Member Posts: 4
    shawne said:

I don't pre-order as a rule, but I'll be picking up the PC version as soon as it's available.

This^
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    For me, it's a mixture of things, because I'm the type of person that will pre order a game as soon as I know it's available. I'm broke atm, my computer seems somewhat broken as well and don't know when i can fix it, and finally because I ALSO want more info on it as well.
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    I'm old fashioned and a little leery about getting this as a download instead of going to the store and buying a boxed disc(s) of it, but I just pre-ordered it, so hopefully everything will work out.
  • StinkyorcStinkyorc Member Posts: 6
    I preordered but don't have no stinking badge. I will be buying iPad version also.
  • LRECLREC Member Posts: 68
    Buying the Mac version
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    Stinkyorc said:

I preordered but don't have no stinking badge. I will be buying iPad version also.

I think it takes a while. Got mine the next day.

• BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @dragonspear not sure where you live but if there's a millard near you, let me know and i can put in a good word for you. my name carries a little weight, so long as you're not in canada

www.millardref.com but then not sure what you're looking for and not the best company, but great benefits and not a bad company either
  • ZandriZandri Member Posts: 33
    Tazok said:

Are you guys waiting for mac/android versions ...

This is my reason; intending to purchase both Mac & iPad versions.  If there was a mechanism to pre-order I would have already, which I know is an Apple imposed limitation on the respective stores.

• DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Ya I just graduated college as well and most of the places in the Tampa area are only interested in people who used to work for em right now. I really should get around to filling out this latest stack of applications on my desk.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I've got a Mac running Boot Camp but honestly I'd really rather run it natively on Mac if I can. If there were a Mac pre-order I would've been there probably a month ago.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    DiscoCat said:

There's no benefit to pre-ordering early so I'm probably going to do it a few days before the release. The likelihood of me pre-ordering is about 95% but I'd rather wait for some more info on the game.

You save two dollars if you pre-order, actually.

• BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @dragonspear well, think on it like this, if you don't fill them out, you most likely won't be able to play BG:EE. And if you buy the game anyways before you have a job, you most likely won't be applying for a job or getting one until probably jan next year. Seasonal hiring is usually only in the service industries.

Btw, if you're friendly, can always consider working resturants until you get a job. Good money, easy work, few hours. And in holiday seasons, can make a killing.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I would pre-order if I could for mac. If it was a PC only release, I don't know.
  • Gun19Gun19 Member Posts: 48
    Waiting (impatiently!) for iPad version :-)
  • LeronisLeronis Member Posts: 112
    Just from the thread title, I was thinking this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoqubSvqAS8

Dittos, i would rather wait for reviews. I've bought some crapware, so I made a vow. I will gladly pay an extra couple bucks to buy it late and safe.
  • inweinwe Member Posts: 79
    Waiting for iPad and Mac versions :-S
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Leronis said:

Just from the thread title, I was thinking this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoqubSvqAS8

Dittos, i would rather wait for reviews. I've bought some crapware, so I made a vow. I will gladly pay an extra couple bucks to buy it late and safe.

Don't worry. It will be good. :)
  • MojoMojo Member Posts: 10
    Ill probably will pre-order it about a week or two before it comes out, so I can pre-load. I hope some sort of collectors edition comes until then though,
  • StrangeCatStrangeCat Member Posts: 39
    haven't decided if i am going to play it or not. The PR was pretty weak. The pictures are really weak.
    Will probably support them since 20 dollars is chump change but don't know if I will have time to play the game.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited August 2012
    Enhanced edition ? BGEE announce "over 400 improvements" without more precision, the beta-testers can't say anything, there is no playable demo, there is no video... So I'll wait for some reviews and player comments before making a decision.

Enhanced interface ? Where are the screens ? What's the screen size of inventory/character ? 800x600 ? I wait to see more screens for compare with the widescreen mod. Moreover, the blue GUI is ugly, it's not the final version ? So I'll wait the final version.

And finally, several things are not clear about the "french translation", so I don't know which version to choose (french or US).
    Post edited by Kerozevok on
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Stinkyorc said:

I preordered but don't have no stinking badge.

WOW haha, that was clever. nice
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    I would have preordered it already if you could via the App store\iTunes.
  • MuttleyMuttley Member Posts: 65
    I didnt know the badges were out for pre-orders. I have definately pre-ordered tho
  • Rob_SRob_S Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    I just can't tell if it will be any good or not. There is not enough info to make a decision. Which is why I am on this forum in the first place. What is it now a month out? Still not enough concrete info.

Also Mac.
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    Being out of cash at the moment :p
  • Fluid29Fluid29 Member Posts: 62
    waiting for os x version which has no pre-order
  • KraytKnightKraytKnight Member Posts: 31
    Im 3 dollars away from getting it. And other people might not have enough to buy it, or are lazy bums.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Rob_S said:

I just can't tell if it will be any good or not. There is not enough info to make a decision. Which is why I am on this forum in the first place. What is it now a month out? Still not enough concrete info.

Also Mac.

Did you like Baldur's Gate 1 originally?

Would you like to run it natively on your Mac?

Then it's good enough.
  • happslapphappslapp Member Posts: 53
    payday is right around the corner for me
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    I never pre order. Also, I'm waiting for them to fix the can't-have-BGEE-and-BG-from-GOG-at-the-same-time Bug.