Skip to content

Good Ambient Music?

OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
I'm Dungeon Mastering, for the first time, for a bunch of first time PnP players. (Brilliant choice of first DMing, I know.) and I'm really trying to set the mood for dungeons and fights, so I figured that some good ambient music would be the right way to go, but I just can't find anything that fits. I'm trying to set up a "You'll die here. Cold, alone, and far away from home." feel.
So what I'm asking is, does anyone know any good ambient music?
lolien

Comments

• Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    How about this?
    OneAngryMushroomdosentti666
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    OneAngryMushroomdosentti666lolien
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    KamigoroshiOneAngryMushroomlolien
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    @Magnus_Grelich & @Shandyr, thank you, thats exactly the type of stuff I'm looking for.

@Kamigoroshi, sorry but I can't use that in my current campaign setting but, if I ever take the party to hell that's the first track I'll play.
    Magnus_Grelichlolien
    I think they might've been joking.:D

This one isn't quite right, perhaps... but would certainly good for a chase/escape from the dungeon:
    OneAngryMushroom
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited August 2013
    Don't worry I understand you @OneAngryMushroom: this elevator music is just too horrifying for mortal ears!

How about some cthulhullan Nox Arcana to lift your players spirits?

Although the sample tracks of Torment: Tides of Numenera could work for you as well.

Or have some of one of my favourite bands: Two Steps From Hell!

@Magnus_Grelich & @Kamigoroshi
    Where do you guys find this stuff? I spent over an hour looking and all I found was bad trance music, that and my own Cthulhu ambiance. I want to run a Cthulhu campaign just so I can use it to be honest.

[spoiler]

[\spoiler]

lolien
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @OneAngryMushroom
    Well, I have a large collection of strange music. I would recommend looking at the following: Mike Oldfield, Laurie Anderson, Jean Michel Jarre, Katiejane Garside, Boards of Canada. They all have pretty ambient, strange and sometimes unsettling music.:)
    How about this?
    As a little bonus, this is the same track in reverse:
    @Magnus_Grelich It's nice but I thinks it's a bit to immersion breaking. I also found this

Which is pretty much exactly the stuff I want
    Magnus_Grelichlolien
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    http://music4yourvids.co.uk/freemusic.html apparently that site is all music composed for free use on YouTube videos, but maybe you could find something suitable there?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Oh yes, you die here all alone and no one will care.

• rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    i've found these guys are good for D&D-type rpg'ing

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    edited September 2013
    ehm...I know it probably won't really help, but I played one whole BGEE play through listening to AC/DC... I suppose that gets their blood pumping too.
    Doesn't really work unless you start your DM-ing in a Tavern during the gig of "Underdark Metal Band"
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited September 2013
    Most anything from Midnight Syndicate and Nox Arcana should do the trick. Midnight Syndicate has an official D&D soundtrack that's good for most adventures. I prefer their 13th Hour, Gates of Delirium, Realm of Shadows, and Vampyre albums for darker/gothic settings. Like @kamigoroshi posted, Nox Arcana's Necronomicon is good as well. Their first album, Darklore Manor, is still my favorite by them.

For more militaristic or battle-oriented ambient music, I recommend Trivium's Heldentod (from Pièce Héroique) and Impervim, or anything from Arditi or Legionarii.
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    edited November 2013
    Freshmen:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Away from home confrontals :

goes good with : http://naturesoundsfor.me/army_uncrfktae