Skip to content

NPC stuck in Maze (may contain spoiler)

Right! I'm at the last mission of destroying the the vampire cult i.e. to get passage to Imoen. However I think I've encountered a bug where the MAze spell one of the mage vampires cast doesn't let my party member outside. Ones hexxat got stuck in limbo - reloaded and now Rasaad is stuck in a Maze.

Known bug? Any resolutions?

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Well the Freedom spell forces any Maze'd character out immediately.
  • rathe101rathe101 Member Posts: 61
    Are you talking about 'Maze' or Imprisonment? Maze has a set duration based on intelligence, so it'll wear off sooner or later, but imprisonment is pretty much permanent unless you cast a freedom spell.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    This happened to me, as well. It's Maze and Dorn is stuck down there. I tried resting a bunch of times and he has not gotten out. Going to CLUA a scroll of freedom in there.
  • zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
    I also had this bug, Rasaad was stuck in maze while doing Valygar quest. I hat to use keeper to give me some freedom scrolls.
    This won't break romances right? I know the original BG2 romances were quite buggy. @LiamEsler @Jalily ?
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November 2013
    Maybe your NPCs are just stupid.

(jk, jk)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    rdarken said:

This won't break romances right? I know the original BG2 romances were quite buggy.

Maze, no. They're still technically in your party.
  • XukuthXukuth Member Posts: 78
    rdarken said:

This won't break romances right? I know the original BG2 romances were quite buggy. @LiamEsler @Jalily ?

Even in unpatched original BG2 I doubt it would break romances. There have been problems with spells like Imprisonment and Stone to Flesh which automatically force the affected character out of the party (because they weren't properly distinguished from the player kicking the character out), but Maze is just a status effect that disables the character, like Hold Person or something.
    Yay thanks!
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    My Dorn and CHARNAME fell into the Mazes within the Shadow Thief guild. Well, so did Korgan. Korgan was the last to go in and the first to come out (within a minute), CHARNAME and Dorn have been in for about 10 minutes now... lol
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    The interesting thing is shortly before that occurred, Dorn did comment on my CHARNAME's attractiveness and hinted that he wanted to spar with her again. She did not come off as negative towards that comment... XD

So yeah, pretty sure Korgan bailed when he knew what was up.

Damn, they're still 'sparring' too...