Skip to content

Major plot twist spoiled by Hexxat->PC banter!!! *BGII:EE SPOILERS*

RoananRoanan Member Posts: 18
As a preface, I've played the game before... so I almost didn't catch this. Please fix it before too many new players encounter it by mistake!

Here I am in chapter 3, and Hexxat initiates a dialogue, beginning with, "You hardly seem the cosmopolitan type, Charname, and you're obviously not a local. What brings you to Athkatla?" The typical responses are there ("Blah blah Irenicus," "Blah blah Imoen," and "Blah blah shut your face") ONE of the options spoils the much-later-revealed twist

having to do with Imoen and the PC.

I'm preeeeetty sure you're not supposed to know that before you meet up with her again. I haven't played in ages, though, so I could be wrong. It's an easy and super-forgivable oversight, especially for devs who've known the twist for several years (you guys are awesome!), but please fix it as soon as you can. Maybe do a quick run-through of the other new dialogue to make sure it's not spoiled anywhere else??

Thanks!
SpaceInvaderBasillicumFlashburnNeonfisk

Comments

• SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited November 2013
    [Redacted by the Council of Six]
  • RoananRoanan Member Posts: 18
    I can include a screenshot if you wish.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Edited. O_O
    jankielVargnatt
    Thanks a ton! Keep up the great work. :-D
  • stargazerbstargazerb Member Posts: 57
    I just saw this an hour ago, and yeah, I think they need to fix it too. It would have caught me completely off-guard had I not played the game before. And when I read it I thought to myself, "wait, did that happen already? And I just didn't notice?"

I think there was another moment where I noticed something similar, but I can't remember. At any rate, they should pay a little closer attention to the plot :P
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    This is my bad! You can totally blame me for this one. Sometimes it is difficult to keep track of where and when things occur in the romances, but thanks to the lovely @Jalily this will definitely be fixed in the next patch.
    stargazerbajwzDarkDogg
    @LiamEsler Yeah, it must be hard to keep track of what is or isn't a spoiler while adding in things that can happen at any point in the game... That entire branch of that dialogue tree ended up being about that spoiler, so I think you'll have to rewrite more than one line. Glad it was caught by old players at least, and not a confused new guy, lol