Skip to content

Bard dual / multi still Hardcoded? Need Modder help or suggestion

HelminoHelmino Member Posts: 106
Heya guys , as the title says i'm curious if Bard with BG2EE are still hardcoded and can't be modded to allow them dual class or multi class, in fact the complete Bards Handbook confirm that this is rule legal.
If that is possibile, could some modder help with this or enlight me with link to a specific tutorial for this kind of things?
Other request is if lingering song of rogue rebalance could be changed by scaling it to 1/2 of bard level or at least be changed in duration.
I wish to play a fighter/skald, but actually this isn't possible.
If some developer can say anything about bard hardcoding i'll appreciate that.
Kind regards, thanks in advance!

Comments

• leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    It is hardcoded. A few 2DA files that define classes themselves as well as quick slots are missing from current BG2EE build. BG2EE and 1.2 BGEE relaxed some hard-coded aspects such as HP roll for Barbarians but a few hard-coded aspects still remain. For me I'd be quite interested in Blade/Fighter build...
  • HelminoHelmino Member Posts: 106
    Is still hardcoded in BG2ee? no developer here :)?
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    as far as I know it's still hard coded. The way it was coded back in the day made it impossible (even for modders) to allow dual and multi class for bards (it has to do with the way the special skills like songs and pickpocket are handled by the game if I remember correctly)

I don't know if it will be possible to change things even on Beamdog's end, but my knowledge of such things has been long outdated so don't take this as definitive =)
    edited November 2013
    Thanks! Anyway even answer related to lingering song are appreciated too :) (how to change the duration)
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Helmino - You'd have to edit the .spl files that control lingering song in RR to have level-dependent duration. It should be possible with DLTCEP.

@Helmino - You'd have to edit the .spl files that control lingering song in RR to have level-dependent duration. It should be possible with DLTCEP.

Nice and helpful is easy to use? Is a simple text editing?
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    No, you'll have to create level-dependent effect.
    It isn't that hard when you know your way around the tool, but if you've never ever used DLTCEP, you'll have a very very hard time.
    Aranthys said:

No, you'll have to create level-dependent effect.
    It isn't that hard when you know your way around the tool, but if you've never ever used DLTCEP, you'll have a very very hard time.

There are tutorial for it?
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    This can be reduced from a stupid amount of work to merely quite a lot by using WeiDU instead.
    What i have to use so xD? with this i can allow non human race to go bard?
    No tips guys? better use weidu or dltcep?
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Looks like race restrictions have been externalised to clsrcreq.2da, so you could use either to allow demi-human bards. This still leaves dual/multi-classing hardcoded.
    edited November 2013
    Wisp said:

Looks like race restrictions have been externalised to clsrcreq.2da, so you could use either to allow demi-human bards. This still leaves dual/multi-classing hardcoded.

Probably if i want to "simulate" a multiclass or dual class i have to create a kit xD, i hope is not difficult to do it... :(.
    Dual and multi was allowed for bard, why that was hardcoded hehehehe :), thanks for the answers anyway, if someone is interested i may try to ask externalize bard as a feature, if you want to support this check feature request section!
    If you want to support this:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24789/request-externalise-bard-class-to-allow-dual-multiclass?new=1
    Any comment are welcome!
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    I may be wrong but I think there is a mod that remove racial restrictions (maybe a part of BG2 Tweaks)

neoesprit said:

I may be wrong but I think there is a mod that remove racial restrictions (maybe a part of BG2 Tweaks)

If you want check the above link for the feature request (if you are interested of course ;) ).