Skip to content

Dorn is seriously attracted to me.

So Dorn won't stop telling me I'm an attractive man. I mean, it's flattering and all but holy crap this guy just won't quit. Seriously, I end the conversation by turning him down but he just keeps coming on to me. It's annoying, the first time this happened was in the middle of the skinner quest (bad timing dude) and I managed to stop it by sending him to another floor, but now he's doing it again. I'm worried, beyond the annoying aspect of it, that it's messing up his quest line. Anyone have any help to offer?
scriver

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    That naughty half-orc knows exactly what he wants. ;)
    VargnattButtercheeseElendar
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I'm loving these threads about how uncomfortable Dorn's advances are making people.

If you want him to back off, you have to show him that you mean it. Try challenging him to a "sword fight".
    ButtercheeseQuartz
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    nano said:

Try challenging him to a "sword fight".

And make it absolutely sure that you mean with actual swords, not... you know...

On a related note, if Dorn has challenged me to a duel and I accepted, does that mean that his romance is now "locked in"? I'm asking because I turned Dorn down soon after but now Hexxat (whom I wanted to romance in this playthrough) seems strangely silent. Did I mess it up, somehow?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited November 2013
    My current character's getting it on with Dorn. I thought it was pretty awkward at one point though.

"CHARNAME, let's wrestle!"
    "Uh, fine."
    "CHARNAME, you're so strong and awesome. Let's **** and use the blood of innocents as lubricant."

I thought, this can't be how gay romances are born. Can it?
    JoeyVargnattButtercheeseQuartz
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    If you turned him down, you turned him down. :) Hexxat's romance takes a little while to kick in, though.

@FinneousPJ Well, not most of them -- but hey, it's Dorn. ;)
    FinneousPJAdulVargnatt
  • TaevikTaevik Member Posts: 38

My current character's getting it on with Dorn. I thought it was pretty awkward at one point though.

"Uh, fine."
    "CHARNAME, you're so strong and awesome. Let's **** and use the blood of innocents as lubricant."

This is awesome.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632

"Uh, fine."

If you've ever read Oglaf that's exactly how gay romances are born. I'm guessing it's against the rules to post the link but if you're curious google "oglaf victory at sea". And be warned that it's very NSFW.
    @LiamEsler Hmm, okay thanks. I was just a bit worried because she hasn't said anything to me for (real time) hours. She mostly just hits on Viconia.
    @Adul What's your HexxatRomanceActive global, and your HexxatLovetalks global? Is your gender female? That's really the only condition. Once I've got the above numbers I should be able to lend you a hand. :)
    edited November 2013
    @LiamEsler PC is female, HEXXATLOVETALKS is 1, and HEXXATROMANCEACTIVE is 1. Last time she talked to me she gave me Dragomir's Respite and I made sure that I responded politely. That was hours of gameplay time ago, though.

Edit: Also, I've noticed that every once in a while she says one of her selection lines completely unprovoked, as if she's trying to initiate dialog but is unable to.
    @Adul Can you shoot your savegame to liam.esler@gmail.com? I'll take a look first thing in the morning (roughly ~12 hours from now) and see what's up. :)
    @LiamEsler I will, thanks.
  • teenpartyteenparty Member Posts: 46
    Just don't sleep with him and dump him in prison. That makes him mad.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    LiamEsler said:

If you turned him down, you turned him down. :) Hexxat's romance takes a little while to kick in, though.

@FinneousPJ Well, not most of them -- but hey, it's Dorn. ;)

Some of them.