Skip to content

How come there is no "report this post" button?

taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
edited November 2013 in Off-Topic
How come there is no "report this post" button in this forum?
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    IIRC, it was due to abuse of the feature.
    lolien
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
    jackjack said:

IIRC, it was due to abuse of the feature.

This is hilariously ironic
    jackjackDrugarCrevsDaak
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    People I think were overreacting to some posts and giving flags when they weren't called for. Also one new forum member went around flagging random people (I got an abuse flag).
    lolien
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    The earlier incarnation of the forum also had a Disagree button, next to Agree.
    Of course, heated discussions started over people Disagreeing things without explaining why, flaming erupted, etc. Feature was dropped.

Flagging for abuse was even worse, since some people just reported every post they disagreed with or considered slightly offensive as Abuse. Nowadays, it's safer to summon Dee instead, to lay his wrath down upon the unbelievers.
    CrevsDaak
    elminster said:

People I think were overreacting to some posts and giving flags when they weren't called for. Also one new forum member went around flagging random people (I got an abuse flag).

they could have just blocked abusers from reporting people

@Drugar: How do you summon Dee?
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    By doing what you did, only replacing my name with Dee's :-)
    lolien
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited November 2013
    taltamir said:

Actually, there was no way to do this. Limitation of Vanilla Forums.
    lolien
    speaking of, I can't seem to find the forum rules anywhere.
    99% of forums have the same set of rules, but occasionally there is a forum that deviates from the norm.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Hehe... they are at the top of every forum and thread. Look at the top of this thread
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    People were too often using it to report posts they didn't like rather than ones which broke site rules.
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    Reported!! What a funny question to ask, but how else are we going to combat cyber bullies /rolls eyes.
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    lolien
    They are using that pretty much on me , so I see you also should not have a problem....
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    We can't shoot everyone with arrows old... but we can try.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2013
    taltamir said:

elminster said:

Just cast Greater Wombat Summoning, and you'll have a 100% chance of a Wombat King appearing, who's called Dee, there are sometimes when he saw it even before you summoned him.

Now, the full description!!

Greater Wombat Summoning.
    (Any school)

Level: 10
    Range: The whole forums.
    Duration: Until troll is banned/Comment removed/Discussion closed.
    Casting Time: 1
    Area of Effect: One thread or comment.
    Saving Throw: None.

Upon casting this spell, there is a 100% of a Wombat King of being summoned. The King of Wombats is named "Dee", a powerful entity in the planes. He will stay until his task is accomplished, he cannot be destroyed nor damaged.
    lolien
    CrevsDaak said:

taltamir said:

elminster said:

Just cast Greater Wombat Summoning, and you'll have a 100% chance of a Wombat King appearing, who's called Dee, there are sometimes when he saw it even before you summoned him.

Now, the full description!!

Greater Wombat Summoning.
    (Any school)

Level: 10
    Range: The whole forums.
    Duration: Until troll is banned/Comment removed/Discussion closed.
    Casting Time: 1
    Area of Effect: One thread or comment.
    Saving Throw: None.

Upon casting this spell, there is a 100% of a Wombat King of being summoned. The King of Wombats is named "Dee", a powerful entity in the planes. He will stay until his task is accomplished, he cannot be destroyed nor damaged.
    Naah... Just hire an official Noober to drive those to nuts , may be you save a man from unemployment distress even...
    lolien

We can't shoot everyone with arrows old... but we can try.

No no no mister , I was talking about a button in "your" head , I meant you can press that ignore button , and just ignore whomever you please... No need informing :)

I really like when a topic branches to two conversations , so I'll make it a three now :) Good for da brainz :)