Skip to content

Romance-related console commands in BG2:EE

I'm having some issues with Hexxat's romance in Chapter 3, and I'd like to poke around her romance-related variables with the console. However, it looks like some of the conventions used in BG2 don't apply to the new NPCs. Does anyone know how to access her LoveTalk and HexxatRomance variables?

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    HexxatRomanceActive, HexxatLovetalks :)
  • BubbleboyBubbleboy Member Posts: 68
    The HexxatRomanceActive becomes 3 only when it fails right?
    Yep!
  • needsmoarhamstersneedsmoarhamsters Member Posts: 30
    OK, so my HexxatRomanceActive is 1 and HexxatLovetalks is also 1. What can I do with the console to advance/initiate the romance?
    SetGlobal("HexxatLovetalksTimer","GLOBAL",1) should do it. :)
    needsmoarhamsters
  • needsmoarhamstersneedsmoarhamsters Member Posts: 30
    This worked. You're the best!
    NO YOU'RE THE BEST, @NEEDSMOARHAMSTERS, AND I REFUSE TO HEAR OTHERWISE
    needsmoarhamsters
  • etxxuetxxu Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2020
    @LiamEsler i have a problem

When i type codes to know if im romancing (im a gnome but i have use the code yo said and others and she talks to me Twice about Khalid since them but It has been soooooo long since the last time)

I have type: C:GetGLOBAL("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL")
    And
    CLUAConsole:GetGLOBAL("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL")

The console says: [string "C:GetGLOBAL("Jaheira Creative","GLOBAL")"]:1: attempt to call method 'GetGLOBAL' (a nil value)

Also, I put CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LOVETALK","LOCALS")
    And
    C:GetGlobal("LOVETALK","LOCALS")
    And console says: [string "C:GetGLOBAL("LOVETALK","LOCALS")"]:1: attempt to call method 'GetGLOBAL' (a nil value)

Aldo, in eekeeper in JAHEIRAROMANCE the number is 1, what this mean?

What does mean? What can i do to know if im romancing her?
    Why this romance codes are not working and other does?
    What does mean? What can i do?

Thank you a lot!
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    If I remember correctly, "JaheiraRomance" is basically the check to see whether you're a compatible partner (i.e. male, a human/half-elf/elf). "JaheiraRomanceActive" is the variable that keeps track of whether the romance is currently active. 1 means that it's active, 2 means that it's "locked in" (the two of you have expressed love for each other), and 3 means that the wedding's off.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,816
    For the original four romances, the eligibility check is "Check_____Match" and "_____Match"; these are set by a universal script before you ever meet the characters, and can be reset at any time. In fact, if your character's eligibility status changes (say, a wild surge flips your sex) then a formerly ineligible romance can become eligible - but not the reverse.

The "_____Romance" variables are timers, running on real time. They serve only to indicate whether that romance's next event is ready to trigger, and are reset regularly. For example, one block in Anomen's script sets "AnomenRomance" to the constant value "TWO_MINUTES" after each talk, if the party is rested and not in a dungeon or in combat.
    These romances use a local (belonging to that character) LoveTalk variable to track progress.

For the EE romances, the eligibility check doesn't have any associated variables, and is done in that character's script once they're in the party. Once the romance has started this way, it won't deactivate from changing eligibility; if Neera turns you into a woman, she won't break up with you over it.
    These romances use "_____LoveTalksTimer" as the timer variable and a global "_____LoveTalks" variable to track progress. There is also a "_____Romance" variable in most cases, inherited from BGEE and used to recall where the romance went in that game.