Skip to content

Is it safe to start playing BG2 EE?

I would like to ask those brave souls who are already playing BG2 EE, is it safe to play BG2 EE yet, or are the bugs at the start of release bad enough to warrant waiting for the bug fix patch?

also anyone know if there is a BG2 EE multiple romance mod which includes neera and hexxat ready yet?
and would the old BG2 tweaks mod work with BG2 EE?

Regards

Comments

• enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Hexxat and Neera don't even have the same sexual preferences ;p

The only major disastrous bug to my knowledge is when you crash during an autosave. Don't load that autosave or you're in for an ungodly mess.
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    oh did not know hexxat swung that way lol. IIRC the multiple romance mod had a module in it that removed the sexual preferences of the NPCs. a male CHARNAME could technically romance anomen if you swung that way.

gotta catch em all :)
  • maveric28maveric28 Member Posts: 7
    I'd really be interested in knowing about how to activate the multi-romance options in BGII:EE ... I'm returning to my beloved game after an 8 year absence and everything is new to me! But I don't want to have to play multiple characters just to see how the romances develop.

Is there a romance available for Hexxat?
    Or Neera?
    Or a way to romance 2 or more of the NPCs without ruining it for one of them?
  • CantabCantab Member Posts: 56
    Just finished chapter 2 and the only bugs I have notice so far are extremely minor and have no impact on the game, early days though. I like to think the programmers learn't a lot during the BG1 EE 'journey'.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    At some point there'll be a mod for it, i am sure.

I'd stay away from it though.
    After years of lurking bg2 forums, it seems the romance mods cause a lot more problems than they're worth, even if your polygamistic desires are unlocked xD

Looping lovetalks, misfiring scripts, bodhi kidnapping.. list is long and distinguished.
    Thrasymachus
  • WittandWittand Member Posts: 54
    Other than crashes to the desktop every few hours of playtime the game runs pretty good for me.
  • SliceofhellSliceofhell Member Posts: 85
    edited November 2013
    @Ryofu, there is a monster disappearing bug. It happens when you save/load close to a pack of monsters. If you don't mind losing some XP and random loot here and there then you can play.
    Also there is a memory leak, which causes crashes, leading to corrupted saves. But this one only affects part of the player base.
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Ryofu said:

I would like to ask those brave souls who are already playing BG2 EE, is it safe to play BG2 EE yet, or are the bugs at the start of release bad enough to warrant waiting for the bug fix patch?

also anyone know if there is a BG2 EE multiple romance mod which includes neera and hexxat ready yet?
    and would the old BG2 tweaks mod work with BG2 EE?

Let us know about this mod. I gotta fix hexxat so my male can romance her. *sigh* why do i have to work as a gamemaker when i bought the game...

Regards