Skip to content

Do new npcs upset xp balance

Haven't played yet due to bugs but I was curious how much xp was just added into the game with the new characters? If I use them in a full party am I likely to be in TOB levels without also doing watchers keep in SOA? I do not really meta game too much so I make the choices I want not the most rewarding choices.

Also I have SCS and it put duergar in replacement of goblins in Irenicus dungeon. Does it do a lot of switching enemies that it will add a notable amount of xp to my total by the end?

Comments

• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Omg loads.

One of hexxats quests is full of friendly monk ghosts, but they are worth 10k EXP each when killed and you dont lose reputation, but they have instakill melee attacks
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Mungri said:

Omg loads.

One of hexxats quests is full of friendly monk ghosts, but they are worth 10k EXP each when killed and you dont lose reputation, but they have instakill melee attacks
    Lol clicked the spoiler and closed it after hexxat was the first word. I can't resist opening them!

Does anyone know a rough amount per npc? I don't think I am taking Dorn but I may take each of the others for a time.
    Maybe 100-150k EXP from Hexxat?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    You probably won't notice a big difference in a large party. If you play with very few party members, the extra XP will be noticeable.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Since you're already playing with SCS, you do get compensation for the extra XP in terms of difficulty.
    ChildofBhaal599
    Mungri said:

Maybe 100-150k EXP from Hexxat?

Please tell me that is split between my 6 man party, because that much per npc could certainly make a difference.
    Oh yea its split between the whole party.
    ChildofBhaal599
    Thank you both for answering. I was just thinking if there was a huge difference I would play now despite npc disappearing bug. Not that I was hoping for an imbalance. It is good to know that it won't result in the end game being powerless against me. I already wait on WK to not unbalance the game.
  • jhneohjhneoh Member Posts: 42
    The new NPCs don't really upset XP balance, but they really upset GOLD balance.

Without spoilers, you could easily get 10k gold from just one encounter in Dorn's questline, from the sale of multiple Full Plate Mails.

Neera's and Rasaad's questlines also yield a significant amount of loot.
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    I usually wind up with more gold than I know what to do with before I even end up going after Immy anyway, so the gold balance isn't too annoying, imo.
    Gold is irrelevant in BG2. You can never spend it all, there's just so little to buy past the early game.
  • jhneohjhneoh Member Posts: 42
    It's a bit game breaking if you have early access to stuff like Robe of Vecna, Defender of Easthaven, Vhailor's Helm etc etc though.
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    True, but in my current playthrough I already have all of that without even touching the new content yet.
    Vargnatt
    maybe we need a modder to edit the bartering. sell for less buy for more :)
    jhneoh said:

It's a bit game breaking if you have early access to stuff like Robe of Vecna, Defender of Easthaven, Vhailor's Helm etc etc though.

Whether you consider it gamebreaking or not, in the context of this thread the gold added by the new NPCs is practically irrelevant in that respect. You can easily gather enough gold to buy those items without the new NPCs. Them adding a few extra isn't relevant.