Skip to content

AI discussion

After several hours of gameplay I've not found a single occurrence where if you shut a door in the enemy's face they will open the door and chase you. Also if you move inside/outside of a building there's a 50-50% chance that they will not follow. This is in contrast to the original game where enemy characters would act more intelligently and open doors and follow you and it certainly lowers the difficulty.
Flaws in the original AI behaviour have been maintained in this game. It is very easy to kite enemy characters and hostile spellcasters will waste their most powerful spells to monster summoning 1 creatures.
Overall the game is very good but I don't understand why the AI was not improved

Comments

• velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    SCS improves AI significantly. I think that SCS improvement of AI should have been implemented into the game. I understand that SCS isn´t for everybody but basic AI improvement only changes something what should have been in original game from the very beginning.
  • albinocobraalbinocobra Member Posts: 56
    I don't think the original did anything better.

SCS (or similar) should have been implemented on hard and higher difficulties, I agree.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Monsters in vanilla BG2 didn't open doors either (it's not completely trivial to code).

SCS opens doors to some extent (borrowing code from aTweaks).