Skip to content

Did Anomen change weapon proficiencies/weapons?

So this may not be a popular opinion, but I really, really like Anomen. However, BG2EE does some weird stuff with him...if I go to recruit him ASAP his weapon proficiencies are all over the place...

...he's got two ranks in Spears, which he cannot use as he's a Cleric.

Comments

• MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    He mentions using spears against some wyverns, so I suppose it makes sense from an in-universe perspective, even if not from a game mechanics one.
  • karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2013
    From a powergaming standpoint it's ridiculous. However as @Millardkillmoore stated, beginning his career as a Fighter, with a broader weapon selection, it makes sense.

Same goes with Imoen who was actually missing some pipes in the original game.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    He's had a couple of pips added for BG2:EE - 1 in sword & shield, 2 in spears which he got during his fighter levels. He's not lost anything over his original incarnation.

He originally had too few proficiency points, and this evens him out. TBH I would have preferred them in maces, flails, hammers or dual-wield but we cannot have everything.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited November 2013
    From a "roleplay" standpoint, it's not that he's forgotten to use spears, it's just that, as a cleric, he's not permitted to use them due to his beliefs (IE : It's a faith restriction problem, not a "I don't know how to use it problem)