Skip to content

Why are the cool new portraits and sounds in BGEE1 not Present in BGEE2 ?

Personally, I don't think this was a bug. But I don't know what the exact reason is, and I would like to know from a dev or moderator who is connected to the devs, not just guesses from random people on the forum.

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    It's something we wanted to add in, but ran out of time to implement correctly. Because it's paid DLC on iPad and Android, that complicates things a little. I believe it will be coming in a future patch.
  • BlakeDrapetaBlakeDrapeta Member Posts: 21
    That's a relief. I was using the portrait of the elf warrior in golden armor, and was confused why the portrait was gone in BG2:EE.
  • pnkwagpnkwag Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2013
    Will the voice sets of BG1 also be made available (or rather do you think they will be added in a future patch)? I used the default male voice for BGEE ("the one that goes "Onward!", "I feel this is my rightful place", etc) and I'd like to use it for BG2EE, but I can't even seem to find the sound files to manually add them to BG2EE.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    I for one would also like to see the voices (and portraits?) from Icewind Dale 1 and 2 added. Right now the selection is very weak :(
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I already have the IWD voices loaded for BGEE/BG2EE, having extracted them and saved them some time ago. I hadn't considered porting over the IWD portraits but now that you mention it I think I will.

I used Near Infinity to export the BGEE portraits then dumped them into BG2EE\data\00783\portraits; this takes about 5 or 10 minutes to accomplish.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564

I already have the IWD voices loaded for BGEE/BG2EE, having extracted them and saved them some time ago. I hadn't considered porting over the IWD portraits but now that you mention it I think I will.

I used Near Infinity to export the BGEE portraits then dumped them into BG2EE\data\00783\portraits; this takes about 5 or 10 minutes to accomplish.

Thank you, I never used Near Infinity, I will be doing that now :) (or rather when I get home from work...)
  • pnkwagpnkwag Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2013
    I'm not familiar with Near Infinity. I'm on a Mac so it likely isn't compatible though. I know how to add most of the voice sets from BGEE into BG2EE, but I can't seem to locate the sound set for the default voices.

BGEE had I think 6 sound sets for each gender, PLUS a default sound set for each gender. The default sound sets are not identical to any of the six additional sound sets. Furthermore, the default sound sets are not in the folder containing all the other sound sets (at least the PC sound sets, I also don't know how to locate NPC sound sets on my Mac).

Doing this stuff on a Mac is much more troublesome than I expected (I played the original games on a PC). I should have just bought the PC version and played on Bootcamp.

For those on PCs, they might find this helpful: http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/bg/media/files/custom/

I don't know regularly that site is maintenanced though, so some of those links might be dead.
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    @pnkwag
    Near Infinity is run from a Java archive (.jar) executable file. While I can't say for certain since I avoid Apple like the plague, I would imagine it works for Macs since it works on Linux (since, as I understand it, the OS on a Mac is just a highly modified form of Linux/Unix).