Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Is there anyone else who hasn't bought it yet?

2»

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I pre-ordered BGEE and I never encountered any serious bugs from day 1, so I'm not too concerned about that.

• Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    With the likes of Humble Bundle's Origin and WB sales, it's hard to justify purchasing one arguably buggy game for $25. I'm also a student, and the end of the semester is fast approaching, so I wouldn't be able to play BG2:EE anyway. It's probably for the better though; by the time I'm free a patch will probably have come out!

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,709
    I haven't bought BG2:EE yet for two reasons: first, I need to finish my current BG:EE playthrought (and I tend to play rather slowly), and second is that my experiences from year ago taught me that I should wait for a while.

It's not like game is broken at release, but still I prefer to wait.

• ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
    Someone gave me a free copy of one from this thread, I'm not going to say his name because I don't want his inbox to get spammed, but he's generally known as a nice guy here. I didn't ask for one, so I was pleasantly surprised to get it.

I was holding out until the sale, but this just happened so I'm really grateful. I don't think I deserved the kindness, so when winter vacation hits, I'll create a thread for you guys and share the incredibly quality portraits that I've collected for many years, so I can try to give at least something back to the community.

I think BG series has the best community, so many great mods, developers coming back to the game after a decade, and people don't give each other crap like you see on diablo/starcraft forums.

i think it's only natural that one of the best classic games has the best fan-base. We want other people in the world to know that there are games like BG2 out here instead of games like Diablo 3. It's sad cRPGs are almost gone nowadays. I would love for beamdog to make Torment Remastered HD. That game is like BG2 story on steroids :)

jackjackHeas
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,247
    @ghostowl: Ooh new portraits - can't wait!

• FiachFiach Member Posts: 229
    I was going to pre buy it a week or so ago, but remembered BGEE1 and decided to wait, saw the bugs list and decided to wait some more, yesterday I bought 1 and 2 on GOG and I'll combine them with BGT over the weekend, see how that pans out, may eventually buy this on Steam in a sale or something at this stage.

Quite disappointed tbh.

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'll buy it when I get around to it. I'm not bent about bugs, but knowing that some cropped up keeps me from hurrying. I'll be purchasing a gift copy for somebody else, but that's all I forsee in the near future.

2»