Skip to content

I Ran Out of Mind Flayers

AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
I'm not sure if this is a bug or I was just very unlucky, but it seemed like I managed to run out of mind flayers in the illithid area of the Underdark. As you know, in this area you need to charm illithid and have them open doors for you (unless you have someone with 25 strength), and for this reason in the original BG2 you had an infinite supply of mind flayers here. (They respawned continuously in a room at approximately x=4100 y=1700.)

It seems to me that in BG2:EE mind flayers no longer spawn infinitely in that room, causing you to be able to run out of mind flayers and get stuck. Can someone check if this is accurate, please?
Post edited by Adul on

Comments

• SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    edited November 2013
    I didn't have any issues with getting them to respawn.

IIRC, you need to slayer change to open the doors without a mind flayer; 25 strength alone won't do it.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    in original game, there wasnt infinite mind flayers, once you got the illithid serum, only one more would spawn there, so you would have to mind control a mind flayer in mid battle for that last door, and @Smilge is right, you need to slayer form to get through the doors, so technically you're not stuck, you can get through just a little thinking ahead needs to be done
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I didn't know about the Slayer change stuff, that's new info for me (thanks!), but I'm fairly sure at one point (waaaaaaay back) I used to run in an out of that room butchering a near-infinite number of mind flayers in there and leveling up like crazy... ah, the good old days.

But I digress. If the Slayer can also open the doors, then this is not really a bug and I will relocate this topic accordingly.