Skip to content

Dorn Questline (Spoilers)

I was hoping if someone could tell me if I have encountered a bug or not, as I am reluctant to continue if so. The situation is:

I have got Dorn to level 12, killed the Paladin in the Helmite Camp and had a discussion with Dorn which ended with me telling him I did not care. On leaving the camp, my journal entry still says I need to kill the Paladin, I can still visit the Camp and nothing else has happened. From what I have read I should be encountering some Paladins hunting me, but I have rested for 20 days and travelled and nothing happens, aside from a continuous band of 5 goblins who run away. Am I missing something?

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    That sounds like a bug. I got the encounter on the way from the Helmite Camp back to the city.
  • NachtiNachti Member Posts: 89
    I think you should reload and look if journal entry changes on a second or third paladin kill. But....i noticed that not all quests are time triggered. Sometimes they occur after other events/quests.
  • ArasakiArasaki Member Posts: 3
    That is somewhat irritating. At least I didn't start the underdark yet. I don't suppose you know what OHD variables you had at that time? Plot is 4 and Terfen is 5 on my save.
  • NachtiNachti Member Posts: 89
    edited November 2013
    Ok I did it in chapter 3, dorn level 12. Day 37. I had killed the paladin camp but journal entry wasnt updated. Right after leaving the camp i got waylaid by paladins. (Went to trademeet).

I hope that helps =)
  • ArasakiArasaki Member Posts: 3
    Hm, just tried reloading to a save before, and I just get attacked by a bunch of orcs when leaving the Helmite Camp. I guess I'll do a fresh install and restart, I've lost out a couple of other bits to the quick save bug anyway.