Skip to content

No letters

Im in the mines right now and Muhaley tell me to get the letter out of the chest, but there are no Letters... what can i do?

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    The chest in his area is empty? There weren't any scrolls in there?

Do you have any mods installed?
  • DaregasDaregas Member Posts: 15
    Had to kill him at the end, his body had the letters
    elminster
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    edited November 2013
    yes i think it was changed with 1.2 patch
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Sounds like they need to change that text :)
    @mackos Indeed you are correct--I had to double-check but now the letters are in his inventory and not the chest. Really? Were they trying to make it so that people couldn't open the chest while invisible and trigger chapter 2 before Mulahey is dealt with? Weird....I'll edit my Mulahey script so that he puts the letters back in the chest but it won't matter--with my edits you either kill him or allow him to walk away with his life, in which case he drops everything on the ground.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013

@mackos Indeed you are correct--I had to double-check but now the letters are in his inventory and not the chest. Really? Were they trying to make it so that people couldn't open the chest while invisible and trigger chapter 2 before Mulahey is dealt with? Weird....I'll edit my Mulahey script so that he puts the letters back in the chest but it won't matter--with my edits you either kill him or allow him to walk away with his life, in which case he drops everything on the ground.

Yes thats exactly what the intention was. I believe the idea was that because the next chapter starts with "With the death of Mulahey" they wanted to make sure you actually had to kill him (they wouldn't have wanted to have to redo the voiceover after all). Granted you can still get around killing him but its more work than just sneaking past him and opening the chest/hiding again.
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    It's a pity, since charming the info and evidence out of him (or sneaking past him and stealing it) really ought to be a completely viable method of resolving the situation.
  • DaregasDaregas Member Posts: 15
    He even said it, i approached him in a threatening way and he said: take the letter out of the chest they explain everything but please dont kill me!"
    The same line whenever i talk to him. Killing someone begging for mercy feels horribly wrong. They shouldnt force that on u and wheter the dialog with him is broken or the intermezzo writing - doesnt make much difference, does it?
    That is precisely why I updated Mulahey for my games. My good party would never kill someone who is surrendering. My evil party...well, that is a different thing altogether.
  • chbrookschbrooks Member Posts: 86
    I was always under the impression that Mulahey had been put under a geas by the Iron Throne. In all the times I've played through the mines, I give him the opportunity to surrender, only for him to suddenly change his tone and call for more minions.
    His fake surrender was always intentional--he is evil, after all, and he just suckered your party into believing him.
    jackjackelminster
  • chbrookschbrooks Member Posts: 86
    Having now played through the mines on the latest patch, it definitely plays like he's trying to trick you. He told me to check the chest, then waited until I opened it before calling minions to attack. When he was injured, he surrendered and stopped fighting a bit, but then leapt back into the fray while I was polishing off his minions. I think one of his battle dialogues even mentioned that I was a fool to trust a priest of Cyric.