Skip to content

Do you recruit allies to raid the vampire lair?

pkmnpkmn Member Posts: 22
When given the quest to recruit allies to fight Bodhi, do you recruit Drizzt/The Shadow Thieves/Order of the Radiant Heart/Clerics?
  1. Do you recruit allies to raid the vampire lair?38 votes
    1. Yes, all of them I'm able!
      63.16%
    2. Sometimes, or maybe one or two...
      15.79%
    3. No, never! That's MY exp, not Drizzt's!
      21.05%

Comments

• pkmnpkmn Member Posts: 22
    The battle is easy enough at that point of the game where you likely have multiple tools to prevent level drain and a cleric capable of blowing up half the lair with turn undead (in my current game, Anomen just annihilated the entire lair via Turn Undead), but I like making it feel more epic by recruiting allies... even if they aren't strictly necessary.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Bloody Drizzt and his OCD to last hit Bodhi and deny me 91k xp, I only bring him because I inevitably run into him.
  • DisgruntlerDisgruntler Member Posts: 100
    Usually I recruit everyone I can. Except Drizzt, his existance smells too much like pandering for me.
    My habit of keeping my allies alive did cost me some reloads and unnecessary stress already.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I didn't even know you could recruit allies for years. This play through I'd already killed them all, so no.
    jackjack
  • I didn't even know you could recruit allies for years. This play through I'd already killed them all, so no.

I'm with you...was on my third or fourth playthrough before I realized you could recruit folks other than Drizzt.

I generally don't recruit any allies, mostly because I'm an xp hog.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Oh see, I didn't even know you could recruit Drizzt because even on my first ever play through I killed him and his friends. This time I made sure to import Charname with his armour in her inventory so he'd be all 'Your the one who murdered me near Baldur's Gate!' Was quite funny. I told him I was really happy to see his scimitars again.
    enqenqStephburn