Skip to content

So to enable the CLUAConsole for BG2EE

Whaddyahavetodo? I'm gonna be spamming for the Neera romance variable after each and every conversation with her, so I need it <3

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited November 2013
    Same way as with BG:EE. Insert the following line:
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    underneath the "INSERT INTO options ROWS (" heading in the Baldur.ini file (should be located in My Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition).
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Yeah but that file looks like such a mess I'm afraid of tinkering with it. I'll try, thanks <3
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Open it in something besides notepad.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Aw yeah! But what do I spam?

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("NeeraRomanceActive","GLOBAL")

just says there's no such variable. Possibly because I haven't recruited her yet, but still.
  • RhaellaRhaella Member, Developer Posts: 178
    It's the right variable, so I wouldn't worry about it.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Didn't work for me, i tried "Debug Mode=1" and the suggestion of @TJ_Hooker "'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',", still ctrl+space doesn't open the console :(!
  • kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    if it doesn't work, start a new game, go through the opening monologues, then exit out. That should create all the needed variables. If you try to put in the cheat line before doing this, it'll erase that line and still put in all the variables (I'm guessing it deletes everything in the file and rewrites it, but I'm a character rigger, not a coder, I don't know these things). Good luck!
  • althoralthor Member Posts: 67
    edited November 2013
    Dont use notepad.
    The spacing is very important.
    There is another thread here that has someone using a box to make it easy to copy/paste the line you add to baldurs.ini file. It makes it very easy to add it and have the proper spacing.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24300/clua-console-for-bg2ee
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Make sure your folder/baldur.ini file is NOT SET to read only. I'm pretty sure this is the sole problem people are running into. It simply doesn't save the changes when you edit it.

Check and make sure read only is unchecked
  • StrunkStrunk Member Posts: 21
    Check your hotkeys of language keyboard services first if you're a non-english win users. Be sure those hotkeys never be conflict with CLUAconsole keys.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,860
    With the enhanced edition CLUA was working fine for me.
    I then installed the patches and Dragonspear and it isn't anymore.
    I checked the ini file and found that it was read only. It didn't matter that it was since debug mode was 1.
    However, it is now writeable just in case I need to change it later.

It appears that the patch has screwed things up somewhat. Any ideas how to rectify things?

By the way, people have been saying: don't use notepad for editing the ini file. I would suggest wordpad, though other programs such as notepad++ work equally well, probably textpad too but haven't checked with that one as it isn't on my current computer.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    @Wise_Grimwald

2.0 changed how you need to enable Debug Mode:

First, you need to edit "Baldur.lua", not "Baldur.ini". Actually, if you still have a Baldur.ini file, you may as well delete it.

Second, instead of the lines included in the description, you need to add the following line. It's position doesn't matter:

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/728149/#Comment_728149
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,860
    Thanks. I have posted this information on the other forum that I use regularly too. :)