Skip to content

Hexxat Dual class? SPOILERS

Is hexxat supposed to be dual classable? I doubt it personally since she is, well, you know and I'm not trying to be a vitalist or anything, "differently alive". but the button is active(but no dual class is selectable) and I was wondering if this was a bug or not.

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited November 2013
    No - the fact that the button is active is a known bug.
  • WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    Another question. Is there a description of Hexxats race abilities anywhere? I notice she seems to regenerate and I am not sure what her all of here special abilities do exactly.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    Worg said:

Another question. Is there a description of Hexxats race abilities anywhere? I notice she seems to regenerate and I am not sure what her all of here special abilities do exactly.

You can right-click on all her special abilities to see what they do.

As for her regeneration its given to her by her amulet. Its 1 hp/round. The amulet also protects her against charm, panic, sleep, level drain, hold, and poison.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Right click on the abilities :)
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    edited November 2013
    So, I'm curious. Clara has the same amulet, does it have any effect on her whatsoever though? I know she at least doesn't regen or get protected from fear. Sorry for the off topic post.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Akihiko said:

So, I'm curious. Clara has the same amulet, does it have any effect on her whatsoever though? I know she at least doesn't regen or get protected from fear. Sorry for the off topic post.

Same game item name, different file name for the item.

Clara's is Ohhexam0.itm

Hexxat's is Ohhexam1.itm
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Ah, that explains that. Thanks much @elminster
  • WorgWorg Member Posts: 170

Right click on the abilities :)

Cool, didn't know about that feature.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Worg It's a new one. :)
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    If you really do want to dual class Hexxat, you can temporarily change her race to human in EEKeeper, than switch her back to... her original race. In theory she could have dual classed earlier in her life.
  • AkuratheunseenAkuratheunseen Member Posts: 28
    or you can change her class with eekeeper lol
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    So the reason why she can't dual is because she isn't human anymore?
    edited November 2013
    @Akuratheunseen

Maybe you can directly do this in EEKeeper (actually never tried to dual class this way actually), but I prefer to dual class in the game, to make sure that all of the appropriate save/THAC0/proficiency/etc adjustments are applied to the character. There are plenty of things you can do in EEKeeper that won't make all the necessary updates.
    Pibaro said:

So the reason why she can't dual is because she isn't human anymore?

Only humans can dual class in BG/2nd Edition.

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    @marceror i know that, but she WAS human and I couldn't realize that as a "former human" she lost that ability. I thought there was a different reason, like she would be too op as a thief-fighter with her stat.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Pibaro said:

@marceror i know that, but she WAS human and I couldn't realize that as a "former human" she lost that ability. I thought there was a different reason, like she would be too op as a thief-fighter with her stat.

This remember me Valen, she was multiclass exactly because she dualed when human, before she became an vampire, after the embrace, she started to develop both classes at the same time (aka multi-class).
    Seems like that could get messy. What if you were, for example, a dual class fighter4/thief 10. Going multiclass requires that you have equal experience in both classes. To me it would make more sense to remain dual class.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    LiamEsler said:

@Worg It's a new one. :)

Thank you for this, by the way - being able to right-click on spells and special abilities right from the quick bar to get descriptions has been a really helpful feature.

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    marceror said:

Seems like that could get messy. What if you were, for example, a dual class fighter4/thief 10. Going multiclass requires that you have equal experience in both classes. To me it would make more sense to remain dual class.

This is more an roleplay reason to justify a multi-class vampire than an mechanic way of develop one, after all Hexxat is already a vampire when she enter the party, just the same as Valen.
  • SarlyssiaSarlyssia Member Posts: 27
    marceror said:

Actually the difference in experience doesn't matter at all. For instance you can create a single class fighter (with a kit if you want one) and after you played a bit set him to a multiclass fighter/? with eekeeper. When you continue playing the only thing that happens is that the experience you already have gets split between those classes and you can level your second (and third if you want) class up normally. That might put your fighter experience lower than it should be for your current level but that only means you have longer until you can level up again, your fighter level stays the same.