Skip to content

Monk AC

battowbattow Member Posts: 15
So, I've just started a new playthrough with a monk and he has 6 AC at level 1. I have used the console to get him to level 10 and he still has 6 AC. Is this supposed to be the correct progression?

Oh, by the way, I'm using the default monk.

Comments

• TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    Something isn't right. A level 10 monk should have around 0 base AC.
  • battowbattow Member Posts: 15

Something isn't right. A level 10 monk should have around 0 base AC.

Is this a known issue?

I've started a new character (Sun Soul Monk), and he has 5 AC at level 1 and -1 AC at level 10.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @battow - yea...something is not right. His AC should go down with levels and you should be somewhere around 0 natural AC by the end of BGEE (8th level)
    Could someone move this thread to the bug section? xD
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the reason being is because, he receives AC bonuses on level ups, and even if you set his level to 10, technically he didn't grow up any levels, and he will only receive those bonuses every even level, so what you need to do is, grow to level 2, find the "affects" in EE keeper that gives the AC bonus, and copy paste that and that will give you your AC bonus, this would also be the same for say a kensai, even if you set his level to 50 he wont get his to hit/damage bonuses because he gets those on natural level ups,
    sarevok57 said:

the reason being is because, he receives AC bonuses on level ups, and even if you set his level to 10, technically he didn't grow up any levels, and he will only receive those bonuses every even level, so what you need to do is, grow to level 2, find the "affects" in EE keeper that gives the AC bonus, and copy paste that and that will give you your AC bonus, this would also be the same for say a kensai, even if you set his level to 50 he wont get his to hit/damage bonuses because he gets those on natural level ups,

But when i use the console to get XP with the sun soul monk kit, he gets the AC bonus. By the way, Rasaad starts with AC 5 at level 1.

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    it makes sense that rasaad starts at 5, have you seen his booites? and I suppose that would be odd then, if you use xp from the console
    Could someone confirm if this a bug or just an issue that i`m having?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'm not finding this. When I start a new monk he starts out at 5. -4 from 18 dexterity and -1 from his bonus.
    When I set him to level 8 he is at 1 (I didn't put to single weapon style and he still has 18 dexterity so its possible for this to be naturally lower).
    Are you using any mods?
    edited November 2013
    elminster said:

Are you using any mods?

Two. Level Cap and HLA.

Well, it seems that the issue has been solved, I have re-installed the game, maybe it was the mod after all =P. Thanks for the help guys.
  • BhaalbusterBhaalbuster Member Posts: 6
    Not resolved I think. I have been playing a sun soul monk as my PC. No mods to the exp. He's at L6 and his AC bonus never kicked in and his unarmed APR hasn't budged
  • BhaalbusterBhaalbuster Member Posts: 6
    So do you have to uninstall the game and reinstall to get it to work? Any idea how to save the file so my game isn't lost?
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    Your save files are located in documents directory and they should not be removed by uninstallig the game
    edited November 2013

Not resolved I think. I have been playing a sun soul monk as my PC. No mods to the exp. He's at L6 and his AC bonus never kicked in and his unarmed APR hasn't budged

You say you have "no mods to the exp" but do you have any mods installed?

Edit: Nvrmind I already noticed your post elsewhere.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I'm having a problem with my Dark Moon Monk APR. If I have weapons in any quickslots, APR is 1. Removing weapons from all quickslots gives the correct APR (2 at level 6).

AC seems to be correct.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @Fardragon - on the main screen, you should see an unarmed fist next to the weapons you have put in your quickslots. Select it and your monk starts using fists, instead of weapons. That will have the correct APR.
    Just, due to UI limitations, it is not possible to set the fist as "currently used weapon" from the Inventory window.
    jackjackelminster
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Eh, no, I am not missing the obvious!

If I have a weapon in one quickslot, and switch to fists by clicking the fist icon, I get 1 APR, but correct 1d10 fist damage.

If I don't have weapons in any quickslots, I get 2 APR.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    I seem to recall, a long, long time ago in the original BG, that if you gave yourself several levels' worth of XP and leveled up, you would instantly jump to the highest level you qualified for and only get progression for that level.

So if you were level 1 and gave yourself enough XP to be level 10, you would only progress as though you had just leveled from 9 to 10.

No idea if this problem persisted into BG2 or BG:EE.