Skip to content

BG2:EE Review Thread

13»

Comments

• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    The black pits arena is not boring. Its the most perfect addition to a game with such a great combat system.
  • ChinookUTChinookUT Member Posts: 32
    Gamebanshee review: http://www.gamebanshee.com/reviews/112725-baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-review.html

Tone of the review sounds mostly positive.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Apparently the press releases won't have the latest patch at the moment. So especially some of these more recent reviewers may be experiencing bugs that have since been fixed.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Mungri said:

The black pits arena is not boring. Its the most perfect addition to a game with such a great combat system.

Only problem I had with the Black Pits 2 was towards the end it became less challenging and more bullshit that characters die instantly (seemingly without even a saving throw) against certain enemies.

And everything seems to be coded specifically to target only mages, because they would run through 4 party members hitting them, just to go after a mage, who was invisible and all.

But overall, boring it is not and BG2 CAN have good combat if they make an effort to make it good...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited November 2013
    I'm so glad a reviewer from Gamebanshee finally found some fun in the Beamdog products. I think that after their review on BG:EE we all had some fears. The positive tone of the new review shows the Devs deserve some plaudits now.

And of course, I couldn't come here without finding more new reviews;)

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2013/11/22/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-review-worthy

84/100

"My favorite part of the UI enhancements is that it surfaces more stat information about how what your equipment is doing for you – now you can clearly see how your dexterity bonus, chain mail armor, and magic ring are affecting your armor class. It’s not a complete makeover however, as clicking back and forth through the inventory tab, character sheet, and spell lists to set up a character to your liking is still a tedious affair. Video tutorials teach you the basics, but concepts like THAC0 (“To Hit Armor Class 0″) still require previous knowledge or a quick Google search. It’s a shame Overhaul couldn’t find a more convenient way to organize all of the information available to the player, but I guess this is Enhanced Edition and not “Remake Edition.”

http://www.voletic.com/?p=1566

9/10

"Little touches like more effective item stacking, a little note telling you if you’ve already learned a spell you’ve picked up and skill bonuses based on race all make the game more streamlined than before. Some of the items have sexy new skins and while I know it was bug fixed years ago, I would just like to mention my appreciation for keeping the infamous “You must gather your party…” alert from being on a constant loop. There are new sub classes, including Dwarven Defender, Blackguard, Shadowdancer and Dragon Disciple. There are also two new Monk sub classes of Dark Moon and Sun Soul Monks. These new sub classes are staples in the pen and paper realm of D&D and also help tie in some of the new NPCs.

As well as the new characters from the first Enhanced Edition, Dorn Il’Khan, Neera and Rasaad yn Bashir, there is also a mysterious Thief named Hexxat. The Thief is a welcome addition to the NPC roster because in the past your Thieves were limited to either Yoshimo the oriental stereotype, yourself playing a Thief or Jan Jansen, the most egregious little gnome in all creation. Each of these new NPCs have a handful of personal quests that are all engaging and challenging, as well as banter with the existing characters. This is a part of what makes Baldur’s Gate such an amazing game to mod. Because it is only voice acted in part, most of the NPC banter is written text, allowing modders to include inter-party chat on the cheap and Beamdog have taken advantage of this with gusto. The dialogue is believable and interesting, but the very occasional script bugs and typos did throw me out of the experience from time to time.

Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition is a labour of love, certainly, but this labour has been rushed in places. There are one or two scripting errors and occasionally a bad guy will die, decide he isn’t dead and then fight you all over again. The game also crashed when I was moving through two areas of new content, but these are just minor issues that have plagued this game in the past as the venerable Elmonster discovered when fighting a brown dragon. Added to the list of things they didn’t fix is, sadly, the NPC pathfinding and AI. I am still losing party members who blunder into a nest of Kobolds when I’m not looking and I’ve fizzled more spells then I can count when I leave the AI to do it. Pausing the game and controlling your spellcasters directly is still the most effective way to win a fight. But since this is such a delightfully mod-able game, I expect little niggles to be fixed in no time."

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Baldurs_Gate_II_Enhanced_Edition/index.html

75%

"Once I started playing, I found loot, but I didn't know how to prioritize it. When I ran out of inventory space, was it a good plan to drop my third extra short sword in order to pick up that book, or did I just throw away some cash? Could I sell gems, or would I need them for crafting later on? Having watched the included tutorials, I knew that my mage needed to memorize spells and rest before she could use them, but why couldn't she identify this item in her inventory even though she had the Identify spell memorized for the day? Once new party members became available to me, should I have changed to them or stuck with my current team? There were no answers to be found, and so it was that my every moment playing this legendary game became a frustrating chore."

"It hurts me to give a mediocre score to the updated version of a game widely considered one of the all-time greats. I can absolutely see that it has merit. It has a great story and sound, and although the graphics and controls aren't quite up to that same standard, they do successfully support the game's star elements. Unfortunately, Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition is a game targeted at a few very specific audiences: those who played the original, those who have significant experience with tabletop role-playing games, and those who love diving headfirst into a complex system without a net. If you are not among one of those groups, playing this game will leave you tired, frustrated, and perhaps wondering what other gamers love so much about it. "

Yeah, dear reviewer, this game, as it seems from your conclusion, is not for modern gamers because the gameplay only deserves 70%, as you say... How sad I am when I see this. I've always thought that all those questions mentioned by the reviewer make this game epic.

EDIT: And coincidentally I have found a review that gives 95% to the gameplay and 86/100 score overall.

http://www.extracontinue.com/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-review/

"While Beamdog’s resurrection of this classic title isn’t overly ambitious, it doesn’t need to be — it’s a solid enough effort that brings new characters, new quests, and a much-needed interface update to provide one of the grandest gaming experiences to a new (and nostalgic) generation of gamers. Yes, I know, you can get the old version on GOG.com for less than half the price, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Stick to the new, even if it’s 13-years-new."

If only more reviewers have thought the same:) But:...

http://www.gameplanet.com.au/pc/reviews/g5292cfa1f3186/Baldurs-Gate-II-Enhanced-Edition-review/

9/10

"Baldur's Gate II is a very difficult game to evaluate. The same excellent adventure awaits, and to this day it provides one of the most compelling RPG experiences to have ever existed in the medium. It is testament to the skill of the BioWare team that put so much care and attention in to the game that it still shines just as brightly to this day in spite of its age and dated mechanics.

On the other hand, this is the “Enhanced Edition” promising a revamped game and an improved experience. To be honest that isn’t the case. The enhancements are minor, with only a few actually improving on BioWare's work. The only real compelling reason to buy this edition over the GOG.com version is that the Enhanced Edition will work on modern machines in widescreen with no issues, whereas the original version may require some extra attention and a mod or two to provide the same functionality.

A missed opportunity to be sure, but an exceptional game nonetheless."

http://thekoalition.com/review/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-review-adventure-reincarnated/

80/100

"Even after so long, Overhaul Games has proven once again that the Baldur's Gate games have still got what it takes to provide the player with a challenging, exciting and epic RPG adventure. This remake isn't a huge renovation of the original and many of the improvements aren't very significant, but this is a fine effort to bring a highly acclaimed classic title into the current generation. If you want a challenging and exciting RPG with a plethora of things to do, then grab Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition and see for yourself why this series has been held in such high regard."

P.S. I hope you all don't mind such a long post as this - I hope it's useful that I give not only a score but also some quotes from each review as well I find interesting.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • cryocorecryocore Member Posts: 121
    The reviewer for Gameplanet sure is a talented wee lad aint he. I agree 100% with that review. ;)
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    The fact it isn't a mistranslation is even more delightful! Thanks for that interesting bit of info, @Drugar!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Another day, another review©

First of all, here's a negative review from Russia.

http://www.gametech.ru/reviews/1169/

The negative tone is obvious but I can't see a score anywhere next to the review itself. Nonetheless, on this site the score is shown and it's 50/100.

(with google translator): "Exhibit outstanding "old school" need to restore carefully to avoid being the wrath of fans in adulthood. And the developers seem to understand responsibility, acted like the best of intentions, but fell short of expectations. Stepped on the same rake your left after the release of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. "Enhanced Edition" got soggy as a doormat in the midst of harvest."

Remained the same hole to quickly earn a lot of money. Finding the way, as before, is not working properly. Six Characters in the composition of the party go to the different hand, if they are lightly send to another part of the map. During battles, the handle falls, swearing, manage dolls, that and strive to go on tour and get stuck somewhere. Unfortunate that the figures did not redraw the characters and their blurred pixels lost on the background prettier scenery. Frustrating that the developers did not think about those people who are unfamiliar with the once popular role-playing system Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. Cubs just lost in lengthy descriptions, trying to come to terms with the logic that is fundamentally different from the modern computer role-playing games.

It is worth noting that additional content including four new companions with their own storylines, created anyhow. It's not about the related missions, they are just good. But as soon as you say hello to the new characters, they open their mouths, and their bad voices raised sandpaper traversed by nerves. Worse than that only their emotionless (but loud!) Oohs during battles, contrary to the cries expressive companion Minsk."

Well, being russian myself I can tell you this review more or less accurate reflects the general approach and mood of russian consumers. And it shares the thoughts of gamers on the russian section of this forum, unfortunately. To tell the truth, in 95 cases out of 100 consumers in Russia are unhappy. And at the same time they will gladly download a product from a free source in the Internet, use a torrent file etc. The vexing atmosphere can be felt quite often on a russian forum no matter whether the dialog is about games, movies, household equipment, tourist services, politics... This seems to be a consequence of a difficult financial situation in the county. I really hope this situation will change someday but right now the amount of negativity in the russian society is overwhelming. Personally I always try to change what is close to me, to cheer people I communicate with every day.

Here's a mixed review from Germany.

http://www.gamebolds.de/spieletests/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-zeitreise-die-zweite/20551

3/5

(with google translator): "In addition to the relatively small changes to the original part and the new features quite sparingly used , even numerous errors have crept into the game. Group members can be controlled not always accurate and therefore run times across the map to reach a targeted point . Of course, all enemies will be picked up on the way , which can be very annoying . Even later in the game appear again and again to smaller or larger bugs that are sometimes annoying and sometimes less disturbing. For each PC should with Baldur's Gate in reverse : cope Enhanced Edition , it requires very few resources and is graphically a marvel .

But before it all sounds negative, behind all the small and large errors , the pretty restrained improvements and innovations slumbers of course still a RPG giant who wants to be discovered . Beginners are especially beginning of the game have their difficulties , but lots of fun in the advanced adventure when both combat and magic use were mastered and the characters grow a fond . Only the steering , especially in narrow and winding dungeons or buildings would have quite an improvement necessary. Often the figures are each other's way or run astray. Even far more recorded dialogue were quite well done , except for some important texts and then only selected locations , the game will remain silent and must be read . The complexity behind the visible facade with damage calculation , the obtained many items with their extras and the incredibly large variety of spells remains what should in particular allow fans listen up.

Much is no different to the original version . The slightly upscaled graphics is hardly worth mentioning , you can not even set a resolution, the image only adapts to the screen resolution . Possible changes that characterize the life of a present-day role players have been omitted entirely . I also understand why , as hard -bitten fans would have otherwise gone to the barricades. But another way: as a 22,99 euro expensive version is anything at all for the old-school role-players of that time?"

So, "we are all doomed"...

To save the day, here's a positive review.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/baldursgateiienhancededition/2261/review.html

"Once again though the question comes down to what’s actually new in the Enhanced Edition and what makes it better than just buying Baldur’s Gate II on GOG (which too comes with the Throne of Bhaal expansion). The most obvious thing is the widescreen support, which admittedly is available as a mod but still it’s nice to have it out of the box. Beamdog claims to have “remastered” the artwork but it’s only really a slight buff, which is good since Baldur’s Gate II is still an attractive game (the original CGI cutscenes are still here too, they haven’t been replaced like Beamdog did with the first game’s). Effects, like spells and such, seem a bit nicer to me. While there are still players mentioning bugs on the forums I certainly didn’t encounter anything catastrophic like I did in the first game’s Enhanced Edition - although there was the odd one or two, like missing dialogue on the new characters or Minsc continually talking to me while I tried to do one of the new quests.

Ah yes, new characters. I mentioned 17 recruitable NPCs earlier, but the Enhanced Edition brings in four more. The dark orc warrior Dorn Il-Khan, Meera the Wild Mage, and fighter monk Rasaad yn Bashir continue their new stories introduced by Beamdog into the first game right up until Throne of Bhaal, while sleepy-sounding thief Hexxat is brand new with a quest that takes you into an unexplored tomb in the Graveyard District. All are well-written and acted and fit naturally into the proceedings, although I’m a little suspicious of the fact that they were marked as “purchased” on the main menu. I think that’s just a layover from the iOS version however.

Additionally there’s The Black Pits II: Gladiators of Thay, a “sequel” to the first Enhanced Edition’s arena-based Black Pits expansion, where you have to survive waves of enemies (in single-player or multiplayer) designed as the ultimate test of your AD&D tactical combat skills. For those who don’t like the sound of that it’s a great deal more story-focused this time around, with a lot of extra dialogue that’s almost entirely voice acted. It’s all very entertaining, and main pit boss Dennaton sounds like Phil Hartman. It’s basically a little indicative slice of what Beamdog could be capable of if they succeed in their goal to make Baldur’s Gate III, which I’d be cautiously excited about if the story didn’t completely wrap up with Throne of Bhaal."
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @bengoshi Heh :D I think most of the credit for Hexxat goes to the talented @PhillipDaigle and @AndrewFoley -- she was definitely a huge team effort, as were all the NPCs!
    Thanks everyone for your support, I will continue posting reviews when they're out. It's been really important for me to feel your support.

So, let's begin;)

1. http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2013/12/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-review/

8.5/10

BTW, I have found this review rather detailed in terms of enhancements to the original game - this is something all reviews regarding BG2:EE should cover in the first place, I suppose.

"Overhaul Games has said most of the included updates have been completed in the background which involve bugs and glitches in the original title. While this may be true to a certain extent, glitches and storyline mishaps still occur in this enhanced edition. A noticeable glitch that may be all too common – though not terribly distracting – is the “loading/reloading” of a level. The glitch presents itself as a short preview of the loading environment then quickly black screens and shows the updated environment. This does not hamper the gameplay experience and is only a minor annoyance.

A storyline mishap can be noticed with our new character Hexxat. Though this isn’t a true bug as it is fixable, our new character must have a certain item in her inventory before leaving Dragomir’s Tomb. The fix is simple as you can re-enter the tomb and speak to her about the misplaced item. As this instance is well documented, I would assume Overhaul Games will implement a more permanent solution in their next update.

User interface has been dramatically overhauled which provides a crisper look to the title. Whether you are navigating through the game options or accessing individual character sheets, you can notice that the interface has been revisited and cleaned very up well. Resolution played a major factor into the interface remodeling...

A smaller visual victory can be attributed to character portraits developed by artist Keiren Yanner. This pack provides six male/female portraits that can be used for your Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition experience. However, you are able to upload your own portraits into the game title which belittles the addition of added portraits. For those that aren’t as manipulative these portraits are great as they come pre-loaded."

Yay! Thank you, the reviewer. It's nice to read - at last - in the review about these new portraits. They are great. I've immediately liked the new female portraits with red and white hair.

2. http://www.nisute.com/2013/12/01/review-baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition/

80/100

"Before writing this review I already felt conflicted in some way about this Enhanced Edition, or rather ‘enhanced editions’ in general. While I agree with fans that games like this should not be ruined to fit in with a completely new audience; that would be a disgrace to the original. However, as this game and many others are now it will not appeal to anyone else except to those who already own the original. With that in mind I would argue that it would be better to make these titles a little more accessible to young people willing to try these old classics we all love and cherish.

I experienced this myself first-hand. As an aspiring game developer I try to play lots of games, both old and new, and learn from them. However, as a fairly young person who hasn’t grown up with these old (pen & paper) RPG classics, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition was surprisingly tough to get into. If I wasn’t reviewing this game and/or an aspiring game designer, it would have already put me off playing it. If the game were to include an optional tutorial adventure, it would have been much more appealing to gamers new to the series. In its current state however, it will most likely only appeal to players who have played the original in the past

Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition manages to succesfully bring back to life an RPG classic. It runs great on the latest PCs and Macs with widescreen resolutions and its multiplayer mode handles modern network cards and protocols, and thus it is a great game for those who want to enjoy this game once more. It also includes a little bit of new content, although I doubt gamers will purchase it because of that. Unfortunately Baldur’s Gate II makes no effort to appeal to anyone else but existing fans. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is something I am still unsure of, but I reckon that a tutorial would have made the game much more appealing to many players."

3. http://games.tiscali.cz/recenze/baldur-s-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-recenze-64729

8/10

(with google translator... ahm): "You know yourself how you suddenly returns all the memories when viewing old photographs . Not only to specific people , but also the situation that you had together . These are stories . Delving back into Faerûn in remaster BglI for me was the same thing , that journey into the past . He remembered my feelings, experiences , and everything in me screamed : This is a perfect game ! Every mistake that occurred while playing , paradoxically adding a sense of perfection . It was fascination , which I thought is no longer possible experience . Not after all these years ! But the result was a .

But one must sometimes let go of the word and reason , which began to ask questions. Enhanced Edition costs twice as much as the classic version should be on GoG.com . Enhanced Edition provides comfort while playing the game , including widescreen display and a few hours of fun in addition to the account of the new content . Only the base game along with expansion pack offers about 100 hours of pure gaming time and yet you have new content. During the time you spend playing with BglII , you finished the full range of today's games . The durability of the game is not the problem . The experience already but yes.

Veterans of the series for me rather stay with the classic version , because it can modify and adjust - if you win it will get the desired portion of the classical content . For the less experienced players or newcomers, but improved edition BglI interesting possibility to get acquainted with the crowning work BioWare , because the level of quality Baldur's Gate II BioWare already within his work never achieved . Younger players are the same but they can think about if for them considering the price improved edition BglI be better to reach for something more modern . The fact remains that the Baldur 's Gate II : Enhanced Edition is hilarious revival of the legendary RPG title."

I hope "hilarious" is a mistranslation;)

4. http://www.eurogamer.cz/articles/baldurs-gate-2-enhanced-edition-recenze

8/10

(again with google translator, it seems hard to translate this language): "Baldur 's Gate II in addition to the survey , interviews and struggles offer a great opportunity to get a base ( varies by occupation ) with different benefits. Usually not free, but to fulfill a series of tasks. Then there's the powerful part search of artifacts and of course the entire contents of the expansion Throne of Bhaal including giant pretty solid Watcher 's Keep dungeon . BG2EE also once again offers a series of duels in arena mode Black Pit II: Gladiators of Thay . As in previous work to create a completely even here the whole gang and move onto progressively stiffer and stiffer tactical combat.

Isometric graphics and smoothed line with current resolution (as opposed to the simple use of hi - res patch is more optimal size of fonts , icons, etc. .. ) , so it does not look bad. Clearly , the current áčková pieces never reach , but when you play you really do not mind ! New interviews and the characters are at least partially dubbed , which pleases . Conversely pity various errors , like the wrong viewing some portraits of the characters, the occasional inability to save game / rest (the game thinks you are in combat , even if they are not ) , or to hide Watcher 's Keep on the world map right from the start ( to make available to the continuation of the story in the context of the expansion - which is not the intention , but the error ) .

Neodladěnost This is the main reason for the reduction of the final score "only" at the 8th Although I believe that Beamdog like the first part bugs quickly zalátají different patch. Otherwise, the game was still on the back nine , though it is nothing original , and many argue that it's just a remake with a few modifications. 's , but when you evaluate the fun turns BG2EE again great. not to mention the price / performance ratio : twenty-dollar super fun to tens of hours. fact it is a very long adventure. "

5. http://www.gamereactor.se/recensioner/133614/Baldur's+Gate+II:+Enhanced+Edition/

8/10

(with google translator): "The new characters that were added to the re-launch of its predecessor , are also found there. Neera , a Wild Mage , Dorn Il Khan, a Blackguard and Rasaad , a monk , is joined by another new addition ; thief Hexxat . These integrated almost seamlessly , and for new players should their new habitats in each new character's own adventures to be almost indistinguishable from the old . Character design , however , is of far less quality. Admittedly, it's hard to compete with Bioware when it comes to storytelling and creating characters , but even with that in mind do Beamdog a pretty substandard job of getting new characters feel like a part of the game world. They are at times contradictory, have poorer written story lines and sometimes feels way too "modern" to fit . Most noticeably with Dorn Il Khan, a fully vicious and painfully simplistic character. A typical example of uninspired character design .

The new content will also offer significantly more bugs than the old one. Unsurprisingly , perhaps , but still everything than pleasurable . I have on several occasions during my exploration of combat -focused game mode The Black Pits 2: Gladiators of Thay had to reboot both the gaming session and the game itself . Combined with a variety of malignant crashes , it is a truly sloppily assembled update we are treated to .

Although it has Beamdog managed to make an already masterful game even more enjoyable. The improvements made have all been welcome and much-needed , though the new content does not have the same standards . Original game is nothing short of a masterpiece in the true sense of the word , and even if Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition is not quite what I had hoped for a re-launch , it is still an improvement faithful to the original , and for nearly 300 hours of almost unparalleled entertainment are two and a half hundred small potatoes ."

So, how potatoes are connected to BG? Maybe, it's more about having cookies and being engaging ^_^
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    A lot of the reviews seem to share a consensus: the technical improvements are fine, the new characters are uneven, but the fact that the original content wasn't touched up (due to contractual restrictions) is visibly preventing reviewers from giving the game a higher score. :(
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Some more..

1. Game Druid 4.5/5
    http://www.blog.gamedruid.in/games/baldurs-gate-2-enhanced-edition-pc-review/

There are a few niggles though – like several typos in the story dialogue, and there were 2 crashes while loading a saved quest, which resulted in a few interactive elements going dead. This could be a pretty big deal breaker; but then again, it’s not something a reload won’t fix. However, considering the number of hours you’re going to sink into this game, I’d say it’s all worth it! The only REAL downside if you’re revisiting the game; your decade worth of mods won’t work. Overall, I think this is a great way to get a new generation of gamers to experience what we old timers once raved and ranted about! I would have loved to see a full re-make; but this is still a great buy!

2. Nisute 80%
    http://www.nisute.com/2013/12/01/review-baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition/

Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition manages to succesfully bring back to life an RPG classic. It runs great on the latest PCs and Macs with widescreen resolutions and its multiplayer mode handles modern network cards and protocols, and thus it is a great game for those who want to enjoy this game once more. It also includes a little bit of new content, although I doubt gamers will purchase it because of that. Unfortunately Baldur’s Gate II makes no effort to appeal to anyone else but existing fans. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is something I am still unsure of, but I reckon that a tutorial would have made the game much more appealing to many players.
  • jamessh1jamessh1 Member Posts: 7
    The reviews have me excited for the pending iOS release. Thanks to the people keeping this updated!!!

Crossing fingers I'll get to at this before Christmas on iPad!
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    new review from retro101:

http://www.retro101.co.uk/2013/12/baldurs-gate-2-enhanced-edition-review.html

However, any faults are minor irritations in the scheme of things. Once you get to grips with the pace and way you need to approach the game this is still one of the most rewarding adventures to undertake. There really is little else like it and nothing else we have come across is quite as epic or grand in both its ambition and the journey the player undertakes. For Dungeons and Dragons and PC RPG fans this is as good as it gets and you should dive in without hesitation.

Overall 9/10
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Now that its out of Ipad there are probably a bunch (like this one http://tabtimes.com/review/ipad-game/2014/01/26/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-review-gather-your-tablet-venturing ) out there to be included.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    "Gather your tablet before venturing forth." lol