Skip to content

Hexxat's Class and some spoiler questions

SO I'm just playing as normal, and come to find that Hexxat is a HELL of a lot deeper than I thought she was going to be when I first recruited her. Now that I see her for who she truly is, does anyone think it'd be interesting, or useful to Dual her to a fighter? Or would this be detrimental to her as a whole?

Comments

• AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Can't dual her, outside of cheating/hacking.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    I'm assuming it's a bug that you can press "Dual-Class" at all on her record page, since her being a vampire (non-human) should make her unable to dual-class. The vampire race is probably just a modification of the human race, which is probably why the "Dual-Class" is clickable.

One could argue though that she should be able to dual-class if she was a human before becoming a vampire.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Basillicum: That would only apply if

she dual-classed before she was turned. Taking into account that her stats are probably as high as they are because she's a vampire...
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Theoretically, if it were legal, it would be VERY good to dual her. She has absurd melee stats, and XP is thrown at you like crazy in this game. Assuming you have the meta-knowledge, patience, or party composition to get by without a thief for a time, she would get really powerful. I mean, she's already a ludicrously effective damage-dealer in my current party, but if I gave her grandmastery in Katanas and 1-2 more points in Dual Wield, she'd be unstoppable.
    @shawne You're probably right about that. She would in any case become a somewhat game-breaking factor if she were able to dual-class.
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    I have seen elsewhere on the forums that it is indeed a confirmed bug, and you shouldn't be able to even click on dual-class.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Yes i was able to dual her, if it is a bug, then perhaps I should refrain... but at the same time, if it ISN'T a bug, then I was just trying to see if it would be a good idea. Does someone know if it is confirmed to be a bug or not?
  • jukagajukaga Member Posts: 49
    I have a question: I had her in the party for a while then dropped her due to conflict after her vampire reveal, yet I can't drop her item, it's taking up a slot. I'll use EE keeper to get rid of it as I have no plans in taking her again in this 'Good' playthrough but I thought I'd bring up this as a bug. As well, her bag of holding is garbage. 6 slots?
    edited November 2013
    Xavioria said:

Does someone know if it is confirmed to be a bug or not?

@Akihiko wrote that they had seen somewhere else on the forum that it is a confirmed bug.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Xavioria said:

Yes i was able to dual her, if it is a bug, then perhaps I should refrain... but at the same time, if it ISN'T a bug, then I was just trying to see if it would be a good idea. Does someone know if it is confirmed to be a bug or not?

Her Dual-Class button being active is a bug. She is not meant to be dual-classed.
    jukaga said:

I have a question: I had her in the party for a while then dropped her due to conflict after her vampire reveal, yet I can't drop her item, it's taking up a slot. I'll use EE keeper to get rid of it as I have no plans in taking her again in this 'Good' playthrough but I thought I'd bring up this as a bug.

This is a known issue.
    jukaga said:

As well, her bag of holding is garbage. 6 slots?

It has a capacity of 100. Stacked items count as the number on the stack.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Sorry to use this thread to ask this, but i have a question, or rather a complaint.

Supposedly subraces like aasimars or tieflings are not in the game because of balance reasons, as Dee said, but an NPC like Hexxat with her known stats and abilities is fine? o_O

Also, does Hexxat
    offer to turn you into a vampire as well?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Mornmagor said:

Sorry to use this thread to ask this, but i have a question, or rather a complaint.

Supposedly subraces like aasimars or tieflings are not in the game because of balance reasons, as Dee said, but an NPC like Hexxat with her known stats and abilities is fine? o_O

Also, does Hexxat

Not to my knowledge. At least it hasn't happened by the end of SoA. She has a conversation with Dorn where she's like 'no' when he asks her to turn him.

Also you can mod your Charname to be a tiefling if you want, though you will need to manually add their abilities and attribute bonuses/reductions. My current Charname is one, and everything in the game as displayed properly for her. That said, it could probably screw up the older race-restricted romances.
  • DisgruntlerDisgruntler Member Posts: 100
    Mornmagor said:

Hexxat has some pretty heavy drawbacks. She excludes two NPCs (Keldorn and Mazzy) from traveling with you permanently.
    Her very good stats also mean very little, because she is a pure thief. Yes, she has a good AC and can backstab pretty well, yet she still has the THAC0 and HP progression of a thief. I found her quite squishy and only used her to use bows and to find and disarm traps.
    As long as she isn't dual classed, she can't make use of her great stats.
    Mornmagor said:

Why should she? Or rather, why should any CHARNAME accept? You're playing as a demigod already.

@Disgruntler because i was planning on shadowkeepering my race as it anyway ;p

As for why accepting, why not? Some people are obsessed with it, although this type wouldn't work very well.
  • ZathrasZathras Member Posts: 6

Hexxat has some pretty heavy drawbacks. She excludes two NPCs (Keldorn and Mazzy) from traveling with you permanently.

[spoiler]Three. After a while Anomen tells you to choose between him and her, you can get him back, but after a while he does it again.
    Hexxat might have drawbacks, but i have counter-arguments, that will prove that her drawbacks, are no drawbacks at all for some.

1) Her stats are OP, this is rectified by the cloak and the day. However, inside houses or dungeons, and during the night she can roam free. That means that you can just travel or do things at night, and rest till it's night every time, as for dungeons you don't have a problem anyway.

2) The NPCs she excludes are good, or tend to good anyway, and since she is evil, for people playing an evil party, it doesn't matter if she excludes anyone.

I understand people want to try her out no matter what party they run, but a
    neutral evil vampire that killed someone you try to help in front of your eyes when you meet her
    , will not be designed for good parties anyway.

I don't see those as drawbacks really, i can work fine with them. She is a bit exaggerated. Maybe more than a bit.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    edited November 2013
    Hey, nobody is calling her weak. But it is relevant that her stats aren't constant and are somewhat wasted on a "bad" class. Being a vanilla thief is a drawback in itself.

The end result is a bit like it's own kit: A character with a thief's bad combat abilities but massive stats to make up for them, without any special kit abilities but with vampric abilities and max thieving ability progression to make up for it. She's powerful, but doesn't break the game.

Also, her starting proficiencies are pretty bad. She can use lots of bad weapon types. It wasn't until level 20 that I got her wielding the equipment I wanted for her (Short bow and main-hand Katana while dual-wielding).
    It doesn't break the game, i agree. I just made that reference, because Dee said that(or was it someone else?), among other things, balance reasons won't allow subraces.

I find it hard to believe an Aasimar is more OP than Hexxat because of racial attributes.

And now i will stop derailing the thread.

Sorry Xav ;x
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Lmao I'm in the same boat for Aasimar and Tiefling myself, so it's no big deal, besides, I did get the answer I was looking for.

I still have the choice to dual her right now, but I kind of refuse to because it IS a bug, and we shouldn't be allowed to do it. In a normal non broken game we wouldn't be allowed to so I decided not to.

I think it's awesome that we get an undead character to play though. I remember a different thread where I thought we should be able to play a Lich from the twisted rune >:)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    She reacts to undead stuff too. I dunno about Turn, but if you cast Repel Undead around he it isn't pretty.

She also refuses to equip anti-undead weapons :)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Hexxat in terms of power is a joke, she's a vampire that can suffer death effects (wail of banshee, finger of death...), does not level drain, does not have an good speed. Her Bloodsuck skill probally is meant to be used on quests, cos it's rather useless, her children of the night is just a wand of summoning imbued in the character, only cannon food are invoked. To simulate the effects of her vampirism the devs even took of her ability to use amulet by setting a permanent item there. Still some people say that she can even be turned... the worst of undead without the advantages? That's problematic.

In terms of roleplay i am starting to get bored that no one recognize or at least feel strange near her, paladins, priests... damn, she enter the Lathander temple normally without any problem!!

Well, yes, i'm displeased with Hexxat, she can be a different vampire, instead of Valen's copy, that alright, but the way it is now isn't the best.
    I think it's outrageous that she gets to be undead and i don't >.> :p
  • DisgruntlerDisgruntler Member Posts: 100
    I always thought a Bhaalspawn can't become undead. Because that would involve dieing first.