Skip to content

Totemic druid multiple spirit summons

Is Totemic Druid supposed to get additional spirit animal summon ability with level ups? I thought it is fixed number of 1 summon per day, but i got additional summon on my druid and i feel confused

Comments

• TRoarTRoar Member Posts: 50
    edited November 2013
    Yes, Totemic Druid can summon once per day per 5 levels beginning with one summon at level 1, and gaining additional summons at level 5 and 10. The summons also become stronger as the druid levels up, with improvements at levels 3, 5, 7 and 10.

It's quite a powerful class in BG:EE. :)
    mackos
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    oh well it sounds overpowered:) I think it should work as re-summon because 2 level 10 spirit animals at once is just...you now :)
    edited November 2013
    I just ran a quick test, and gave my druid the max xp (161k).

She had 2 summons (strangely not 3 despite what the kit description says...) and she was able to summon 2 animals (one after the other) and have any combination of them (2 of the same or 2 different ones).

Pretty sweet class, if you ask me, considering druid gets to level 5 quickly. Definitely agree with you that it's a bit overpowered for BG:EE. How far into the game are you? I'm still around the Nashkel area, and one summon is quite weak still.
    @TRoar they got second summon on 6 level and third on 11 I've already tested it in Black Pits
    TRoar
    Oh, ok, thanks for clarifying that. :)

The class description makes sense now. lol
    edited November 2013
    I'm still before bandit camp. and indeed spirit summons until level 7 are quite weak. But after you hit that level and can summon 2 animals at once things are getting better :) This class is equal with avenger in terms of strength for me :) (i just realized that)
    TRoar
    Cool, sounds like there's fun ahead with this class.
    jackjack
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Can they have 4 summons at level 16?
  • arondesarondes Member Posts: 12
    I hope the animals could be even stronger after level 10.