Skip to content

Brady vs Manning!

EmmiEmmi Member Posts: 77
My god, this sunday is the day every football fan is waiting for the whole season. Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning! Coincidentally thats about the only thing on TV I'd pause my current BG2 playthrough for!
Anyone else excited? Any tips?

My guess is Pats 34 - Broncos 30.

Comments

• QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    i don't really like either team but i'm going for the pats b/c i don't want Denver to seem too invincible. also i have a personal dislike for Manning.

Going to the Niners game on Monday night though Woot! hopefully they wreck the skins.
    Emmi
  • Big_MurrayBig_Murray Member Posts: 69
    It's not an exciting matchup anymore. Brady's not been playing the way you'd expect him to.

Brees vs Manning is a much more exciting prospect.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited November 2013
    Hmmm... I don't understand this conversation. I think it's about American Football. :P
    CrevsDaakAristillius
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    Donkeys...er...Broncos over Pats 45-34
    the Pats' defence is incredibly banged up....Manning will have a field day...
    or so I hope, as Manning is on my fantasy team & i need him to do well
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    @qbert how can you dislike Manning? He is, apparently, the nicest person in the world (based on most of the stuff I read about him at least) and a paragon of humanity.

Not to be confused with his evil, Bhaal worshipping brother, Eli.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    To be the man, you have to beat the man.

Manning wins.
  • EmmiEmmi Member Posts: 77
    Yeah, the defense is banged up, but if we've learned anything from previous matchups, one never knows what's gonna happen. I'll go with my heart here and say the Pats make it on the shoulders of Gronk and Brady.
  • Big_MurrayBig_Murray Member Posts: 69
    May I get my "I told you so" in early, while the Broncos are two touchdowns up halfway through the first?
    This hurts to watch right now... 3 fumbles on the first 3 possessions... Well, I guess it can only get better from here.
    The Broncos defense is kicking ass. :)
    Unfortunatly, yeah. And the Pats O-line takes a beating.
    It happens that fast!!! 28 unanswered! Brady is on fire! Love that second half effort! Go Pats!
    My god, it doesn't get better than this! 31-31, 3 minutes left to play, Brady gets the ball...
    What a game... 34-31 OT win. @Big_Murray I guess you got that "told you so" in a little too early.
    Thought I was watching Detroit playing for a moment. How the hell do you give up a 24-0 lead at half time and then lose? Manning was no where close to being at the top of his game.
    @CoM_Solaufein Yeah, Manning kinda crumbled. But to be fair, there were some drops and all around really surprisingly good coverage by the Patriots secondary. Brady's 2nd half on the other hand... wow... he was as surgical as ever at times.
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    @merlance Back in his Colts days he would run up to the line and snap it really quickly when he saw the defense substituting to draw a penalty on the defense. I thought this was a cheap way to play and apparently the NFL did too, since they changed the rule to allow def. substitutions if the offense did.

also he cost me quite a few fantasy games, including one championship.