Skip to content

ALOT OF FLAWS IN BGII: Enhanced Edition

2»

Comments

• maximaxi Member Posts: 86
    @Madhax
    thanks for the explanation, I have been far away from forums in general for a long time and I still don't know many words people use :)
    and sorry about the off topic!
  • Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    MWO said:

Somehow I have a feeling you won't fix a damn thing if I spend my free time on something this company should have done before the game even was released.

To you that say "Which flaws/bugs?" - GO TO THE BGII:EE DISCUSSION REGARDING BUGS! There you have your list of people posting their issues. However, that's not the point. My intent with this thread was to know if someone is working on a major patch or not.

So you don't care which bugs are being worked on? Only that 'bugs' are being worked on and there is a 'major' patch in the works? What do you think game developers do when they just release a product?

I don't see the point of your vague post. Dee already answered for you, but if you're such a veteran gamer you should know that new games have bugs and companies generally refine their products after release.
  • miklosselkirkmiklosselkirk Member Posts: 12
    I can't even PLAY mine...every single time I get as far as selected a single player game and it crashes. Not sure what the cause is for that; would appreciate some help. Beamdog, of course, has been absolutely positively no help at all, having their money already as they do.
  • MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
    Dee said:

I don't see much trolling here. It looks to me like @MWO just wanted to know if there would be continued patch support after release to address the issues people have reported. Could it have been worded better? Probably.

Let's not make the mistake of thinking that everyone with a complaint is just looking for attention for attention's sake.

Dee said:

I will grant you that the question about patches was somewhat hidden, but I don't know that the purpose of this thread was to discuss the game's flaws, but rather to draw attention to them in the hopes that someone with an answer could offer some perspective.

In any case, it's still not an excuse for some of the behavior I saw. "Don't feed the troll" is just as much a personal attack as "You're a moron".

Thank you! I say no more. The gist of the answers will speak for themselves.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013

I can't even PLAY mine...every single time I get as far as selected a single player game and it crashes. Not sure what the cause is for that; would appreciate some help. Beamdog, of course, has been absolutely positively no help at all, having their money already as they do.

So you are saying you have emailed support@beamdog.com about your specific problem?

What are your computer specs and what platform you are running the game on?
  • ChinookUTChinookUT Member Posts: 32
    @miklosselkirk This being your first post, there's no indication you've contacted Beamdog. Put up a post in the Support section with whatever details related to this issue that you can think of, including operating system and any crash message.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    sunset00 said:

Exactly Dee...
    some people here could really need to get some manners.. if they never saw more than 5 possible quick bugs and glitches in the original release, then they probably 1. were not very attentive.. 2. are kinda real dumb fanboys themselves (or trolls too yes) ^^ ... Just go in the bug section http://forum.baldursgate.com/categories/bgii:ee-bugs .. and do count the number of..possible (real) glitches noticed by some lucky ones that got/_noticed_ them (that does NOT mean at all the game is unplayable btw..much better initial state than bg1ee imo too.. hu^) ..or by some others that tried to use a game mechanism affected by some others possible glitches.. if you did not experiment that so far in your playthrough, lucky to you dudes.. but to insult people reporting they did, wow, just wow.. ^^
    BTW, as noticed by Dee, the first patch is fixing more than 30 initial glitches (including the REALLY severe one /memory possible game breaking leak (possibly erasing whole save item/areas/quests contents, no less..)...way more than 5 actually (already)... but sure, that is a really good thing already done and fixed so... i am right now testing a little the new v1.2.2030 patch.. especially the 'spirit armor'/etc(countdown spells/abilities) save/rest initial bug and such (apparently always here, that one, from a quick test - my luck^ -see http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/399605/#Comment_399605 for exemple to 'see' what we mean by 'that' here..)..the +++++ mastery thing? [edit: already fixed apparently; #7076 -nice]... my blade offensive/defensive spins are always working weirdly with spells/potions/rings of free will/speed..) ..but i am sure already happy about the other fixes (already) done less than one week after the initial launch.. constructive criticism is always welcomed imo.. and good for all.. */

very nice first hotpatch btw.. and quick yes.. )

PS;
    look at this too (for exemple) ; http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23771/bg2ee-quick-load-enemies-disappear/p1 [another little thing to fix in the next one..not totally fixed yet apparently..that can annoy some others..even if _you_ did 'not notice' that.. others did so^^].

Only bug I've experienced was Hexxat staying in mist form. Once. There's nothing fanboyish about having a virtually bug-free experience.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    Most of the bugs I've seen have been minor. There was one (that has since been fixed - #6983 ) where Time Stop was acting up exclusively in three areas of ToB (see screenshot) and I think at some point I got a crash (can't remember what caused it. But otherwise for me at least its been pretty minor.

• alaundoalaundo Member Posts: 131
    not encountered any bugs besides not enough cats spawning in the wild Magic area. Looks like a whine post without any Detail to me ^^.