Skip to content

What is your favourite NPC in BGEE? *Possible spoilers for BGEE and BG2EE*

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
There are probably 1000 other threads like this but the BGEE specific section seemed a little empty so I figured I'd make this thread.

Doesn't have to be the most powerful NPC, could just be your favourite because of his/her personality or some special ability they have.

Heck it doesn't even have to be a playable NPC :D
Post edited by elminster on
element

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Sarevok is mine, the first time I ever saw this guy, I was like wow, what a complete badass, and the fact that he can join your team in ToB ( this isn't a spoiler because you cant avoid it) was just some nice extra icing on the cake, and even in that whack novel series that author at least had the decency to keep him as a badass ( the way he went down in the ToB novel was awesome) and he had the perfect voice actor in bg1, ah Sarevok, just a baller
    booinyoureyesMarkyFenghoang
  • cervanntescervanntes Member Posts: 64
    I'd have to pick Viconia as well as being my favorite overall character. Not only is she simply a solid choice for cleric from Baldur's Gate all the way to Throne of Bhaal, but her personality is perfect. She's a female drow and definitely acts the part. She's aggressive, assertive, and cruel, and yet somehow manages to be tolerable, if not likable. There's always that subtle hint that she could be something a little better if giving the chance and the right encouragement, but even so there is never any doubt she is and will always be drow. I really like the way she was handled. Not the stereotyped evil drow priestess, yet also not the angst-ridden do-gooder rebel like Drizzt.

A close second for me would be Mazzy in BG2. I just really like the idea of a female halfling knight in shining armor, and her personality strikes me as much more noble and honorable than either of the paladin NPCs in the games, or the fighter/cleric wanna-be knight, for that matter. That she is a very solid character in a fight is just a bonus.
    elminsterFenghoang
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I really like the characters in the Blade and Stars inn. Maple Willow Aspen who blows up if you mention trees, and Shaella the uncertain priestess who doesn't know anything.

For playable characters, Dorn. He has a great voice and I put him in lead just so I can listen to him talk. I like his quest too. No need to wait for him to share his story, just go places and kill things. And the Blackguard abilities are awesome!
    elminsterjackjackAristilliusDrakoDrizzt
  • LaVoixLaVoix Member Posts: 7
    I'm partial to Neera. I enjoy her story, the voice acting, and the Wild Mage kit, itself.
    elminsterkaguana
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    BGEE: Probably Baeloth, even though I've only had him in my party once. I also quite like Rasaad as a character (his background and personality), though he is not the most effective combatant.

(Back in the original BG, Coran always was my favorite.)

BG2 (haven't gotten to BG2EE yet): Jan Jansen (especially if Anomen also is in the party). Runner up would be Haer'Dalis.
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    For BG:EE, it's a toss up between Neera and Xzar, definitely. Runners up are Dorn, regular version, and Dorn, Fal version.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Hexxat (I use another portrait though).. she is everything I like in a NPC.. and even MORE :[
    Excellent dialogues, background, style, vo, surprises and of course her romance preference, too. Vic comes at a close 2nd :)
  • velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    If I don´t count Imoen it is Jaheira or Coran.
    Jaheira is strong, mature personality, Gorion´s friend, dependable.
    Coran is sportive, cheerful, good-tempered, immature. In a way the right opposite of Jaheira.
    But I like them both.
    AristilliusbooinyoureyesFenghoang
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    Hmm Viconia, Jaheira, Imoen, Edwin. They are in my party almost every playthrough
    Fenghoang
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    edited November 2013
    A very hard choice, this. I usually prefer characters with weaknesses or obvious liabilities over badassery, so my suggestions would have to be:

BG1: Eldoth, Khalid, Brage, Quayle or Tamoko.

BG2: Anomen, Viconia, Keldorn or Saemon Havarian. Oh yeah, and Irenicus.

Unfortunately I'm not overly impressed with the new EE NPCs, but I quite like Rasaad and Dorn. More so in BG2:EE than BG:EE. The attempted comic relief aspects of Neera and Baeloth are to me more of an annoyance than anything.
    Post edited by Basillicum on
  • TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    Shar-Teel and Alora(modded to Chaotic Evil.)
  • SharShar Member Posts: 158
    I think Irenicus is the most interesting well-made character. "You dare to attack me here? Do you even know who you face?" Awesome. ^_^
    BasillicumFenghoang
  • scorpiovascorpiova Member Posts: 87
    I've always loved Imoen as my main companion choice. But I also like Kivan, Viconia, and Jaheira. I like that craziness that is Edwin, but I can never find a place for him on my team.
  • StevevdlStevevdl Member Posts: 73
    I like Neera because she's a wild mage and you never know what will happen when she casts a spell
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Oh.. just BGEE.. now I see *^_^*.. hmmm, then I choose Vic.
    nano
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Im currently adventuring with Xan and Kivan, I really like those moody elves.
    elminsterFenghoang
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    @RnRClown Great thanks to you for being able to put into words many of the reasons why I also like Khalid. I did not like him when I first started playing Baldur's Gate as a kid, but he quickly grew on me as I grew up and gave him some extra thought.

I'm curious though if the writer (or player) who made the character had all that in mind as well.
    booinyoureyes
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    Alora ofcourse
    elminsterbooinyoureyesAristillius
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I really like The Amazing Oopah. He's a blast
    KurumijackjackTRoarFafnir
  • hexoduenhexoduen Member Posts: 2
    "Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legends! Right, Boo?" *squeak!*
    booinyoureyesTheWhitefire
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    edited November 2013
    ^ - - -

A cutthroat in every alley, but I’ll not let them take us alive!
    jackjackFafnirTheWhitefire
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

Shar-Teel and Alora(modded to Chaotic Evil.)

@TheGraveDigger
    A chaotic evil Alora is the most horrifying thought that has ever crossed my mind
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    Bodhi...first honest vampire i've ever seen i lost my mind when i figured out i could join her back in the day an BJ Ward does a great job as her Voice Actress still wish there was a way to make her joinable for the entirety of ToB that would have been epic