Skip to content

BG2:EE likes to crash

13»

Comments

• DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    Would like to add to it that I've had two crashes up till now. Both happened right when I pressed a quickbutton. I play an unmodded game.

The first time the game closed when I pressed 'o' for option. No warning just a close. This was in the starting dungeon.
    The second time it closed when I pressed Q for quicksave. It did actually save the game but closed non the less. This was in the red wizard magic shop.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.8G
    Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
  • yosefthegodyosefthegod Member Posts: 3
    *Potential Spoilers*

I suppose I will add my experience to the list:

Up until this morning it has been pretty smooth sailing, very few noticeable bugs and only a couple of spontaneous crashes. However, I can't get any further than fighting the shadow dragon Thaxll'ssillya in the Shade Lord's lair inside Amaunator's temple. I can only surmise that this is a memory-intensive encounter, as my game slows right up and eventually crashes, requiring a re-start. Have tried it over 10 times now, and I almost killed him before a crash (I'm presuming once he is dead I'll be back in the safe operating zone and the game speed will return to normal). Its so frustrating, and it doesn't bode well for future encounters involving any particularly big or numerous enemies.

Happy to report I've had no problems with any saves though.

I'm running a fairly crappy system, but didn't have any problems with BGEE or original BG2 (other than multiplayer being too slow):

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium, (6.0, build 6000)
    Processor: Intel Core(tm) 2 Duo T250 @ 1.50GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 2038MB
    Graphics: Mobile Intel 965 Express Family Chipset (358MB RAM)
  • ChorazinChorazin Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2013
    Just a heads up 1 thing that cut down my crashing was disabling crossfire if u havnt done so already.

Was crashing a lot, disabled crossfire, and it seems a lot more stable, not perfect, but better. I run no mods or addons just vanilla as well.

Windows 7
    ATI 5850 x2(crossfire disabled running on 1)
    intel 2600K
    16gb RAM