Skip to content

Is there a Blackgaurd weapon equivalent to Carsomyr

2»

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Lord_Tansheron: Dispel Magic affects party members too, though. Your whole party could end up stripped of all magical protection. Breach is much more specific and targeted.
    jackjackbooinyoureyes
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Of course it is. It also only removes one protection spell from one enemy, and only specific ones at that. And it's not instant cast. And it doesn't work against enemies immune to certain spell levels (Liches, Demiliches, Rakshasa...). A world of trade-offs.
    booinyoureyes
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760

Maybe you want to check ohbwing1.itm (if I'm not wrong) with EEkeeper.
    Sneaky! :)

But that's not obtainable by the player... yet.

elminsterEudaemoniumSpaceInvader
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    aVENGER said:

Maybe you want to check ohbwing1.itm (if I'm not wrong) with EEkeeper.
    Sneaky! :)

But that's not obtainable by the player... yet.

I opened, I checked, I was amazed.

Now I'm only hoping that 'yet' will change to 'soon' and that you would be able to obtain it reasonably early in the game (if comparison to Carsomyr has to be any indication).
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I'm kind of interested in its code. OHH items are Hexxat-related, OHD Dorn, OHN Neera, OHR Rasaad. What are OHB items…?

Mystery.
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    BAELOTH!
    Quartz
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    Ooh someone tell me what it is!!?!

I think OHB might be Blackguard?
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    I learnt of this new weapon just after i finished my run. -_-
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863

What are OHB items…?

Black Pits II

EudaemoniumQuartz
    Ah, so The Dark Justice will be a BP2 item?
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    I guess that due to the nature of starting point of the game (dungeon), items from Black Pits 2 don't remain in your inventory if you import a character? :)
  • NachtiNachti Member Posts: 89
    edited November 2013
    http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/miscellany.htm

Point 3: What items from bg1 transfers to bg2.

Devs: Would be nice if this also applies to items from blackpits 1&2. But you have to force a maximum xp as result.

I finished blackpits 2 and havent seen the dark justice yet. Maybe its somewhere hidden. Whats the stats of it?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125

Dude, it's the sword of the Winged xD

Dude, it's the sword of the Winged xD

Dude, I haven't played BP2 at all, I don;t even know who that is XD
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125

Dude, I haven't played BP2 at all, I don;t even know who that is XD

Oh, then you're missing some serious stuff!
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I just blew through the githyanki ambush that was further complicated by Harbinger +3 fireball setting off a Cowled Wizard ambush (which I had no idea it could even do). Luckily, Poison Weapon and Korgan's Rage made short work of all that nonsense. Still, the githyanki all dropped regular two-handed swords, with no Ir'revrykal in sight. What gives?
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129

ir'revrykal is in watcher's keep on the floor with the machine of Lum the Mad in the githyanki section.

You didn't bribe the wizards before leaving to spellhold? lol. screw imoen, that's always my first order of business.
    SchneidendQuartz
    @AcridSyphilis
    Nah. I like to save that 5000 for buying the glasses of identification as quickly as possible. Also, more wizards to kill means more xp and loot.
    elminsterSpaceInvader
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632

Of course it is. It also only removes one protection spell from one enemy, and only specific ones at that. And it's not instant cast. And it doesn't work against enemies immune to certain spell levels (Liches, Demiliches, Rakshasa...). A world of trade-offs.

It's supposed to strip all protections that it targets, not just one. There's also that SCS component that allows it to affect liches but for some reason it's not working in my game.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    haha poor imoen, having to wait for all these purchases. i seriously love her, but I love chapter 2 too much. "I should buy that robe of vecna, ooh pay off those wizards... buy this bow that gives me infinite arrows!, how else will I rescue Imoen?"

Imoen meanwhile has to gibber sadly in spellhold.
    DragonspearQuartzEudaemoniumCutlassJack

haha poor imoen, having to wait for all these purchases. i seriously love her, but I love chapter 2 too much. "I should buy that robe of vecna, ooh pay off those wizards... buy this bow that gives me infinite arrows!, how else will I rescue Imoen?"

Imoen meanwhile has to gibber sadly in spellhold.

Prepping to assault a magical superfortress with no obvious time limit is always more justifiable roleplay-wise than doing it all after Spellhold while you're slowly dying-slash-turning-into-a-deathbeast, haha.
    nano said:

It's supposed to strip all protections that it targets, not just one. There's also that SCS component that allows it to affect liches but for some reason it's not working in my game.
    Nano is correct. Against non-liches, it will strip multiple, like a Protection from Magical Weapons and Stoneskin, IIRC.

If liches are immune to Breach, though, what DOES break through their PfMW?
    Dragonspear
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    The only way I know of actively removing PfMW here is dispel/remove magic, but it's too hit or miss for me and it makes it tempting to reload if it fails.

I've been timing out their PfMW or ignoring it entirely and blasting them with AoE damage (eg Sunray). The lich itself is really bad at taking out skeleton warriors so a few of those can kill it on their own.

The main problem I've been having is that every lich comes with a planetar, and while those can be Breached they're pretty scary even naked.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    I want Stormbringer for my Dorna! speaking of which, why can I not romance the female version of Dorn as I did in BGEE?

Mornblade will do in a pinch, however - I am not picky! Or how about both? Ooohhh...dual-wielded blades of DOOOOOOOOM!

*dark voice* "I will give you a night you will never forget!"

*eyes the dark, moaning blades cautiously* "Ahhh..shealth those soul-sucking blades first, Dorna. They seem to have more hunger for friends than enemies. Poor Aerie..."

"I shall do as you ask...for now"

• MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    Elzarath said:

Here's the weapon:

Dark Justice +5

Once a great general in a celestial army, the Winged's days were spent warring against the fiends of the Abyss. During a tremendous battle against these demon hordes, one of her command decisions resulted in the destruction of a quarter of her legions. Furious over the loss, she abandoned her post and waded into battle herself, cutting down lesser demons by the dozen. Though she was personally victorious in combat, the larger battle was lost without her leadership, her remaining forces were thrown into disarray and forced to withdraw. For dereliction of duty and her inability to control her emotions, the god she served stripped her of her rank and cast her out of her home plane.

STATISTICS:

Combat abilities:
    15% chance of decapitating the opponent with each successful attack
    Each hit drains 1d6 Hit Points from the target and transfers it to the wielder. This will not heal beyond the wielder's maximum.

THAC0: +5
    Damage: 1d10+5, +5 extra vs. chaotic
    Damage type: Slashing
    Speed Factor: 5
    Proficiency Type: Two-handed Sword
    Type: Two-handed
    Requires:
    14 Strength

Weight: 7
    Flow
  • NachtiNachti Member Posts: 89

Elzarath said:

Here's the weapon:

Dark Justice +5

Once a great general in a celestial army, the Winged's days were spent warring against the fiends of the Abyss. During a tremendous battle against these demon hordes, one of her command decisions resulted in the destruction of a quarter of her legions. Furious over the loss, she abandoned her post and waded into battle herself, cutting down lesser demons by the dozen. Though she was personally victorious in combat, the larger battle was lost without her leadership, her remaining forces were thrown into disarray and forced to withdraw. For dereliction of duty and her inability to control her emotions, the god she served stripped her of her rank and cast her out of her home plane.

STATISTICS:

Combat abilities:
    15% chance of decapitating the opponent with each successful attack
    Each hit drains 1d6 Hit Points from the target and transfers it to the wielder. This will not heal beyond the wielder's maximum.

THAC0: +5
    Damage: 1d10+5, +5 extra vs. chaotic
    Damage type: Slashing
    Speed Factor: 5
    Proficiency Type: Two-handed Sword
    Type: Two-handed
    Requires:
    14 Strength

Weight: 7
    Problem = You cant get it without cheating.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited November 2013

I just blew through the githyanki ambush that was further complicated by Harbinger +3 fireball setting off a Cowled Wizard ambush (which I had no idea it could even do). Luckily, Poison Weapon and Korgan's Rage made short work of all that nonsense. Still, the githyanki all dropped regular two-handed swords, with no Ir'revrykal in sight. What gives?

The weapon doesn't drop off those Githyanki, you get it from the Githyanki Captain on the Machine of Lum the Mad level in Watcher's Keep.
    jackjack
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    Nachti said:

Problem = You cant get it without cheating.

Soon...

EudaemoniumjackjackNachti