Skip to content

Denied myself Sahuagin City

It's been a while since I played through BG2 and I completely forgot you can fuck yourself out of the entire Sahuagin City section of the game if you take the Underdark portal at Spellhold

do not take the portal, you lose out on a significant chunk of gameplay, experience and items you can't get otherwise

what a kick in the balls. Fuck

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I thought the post was going to be about RP and self-restraint. You have no save to revert to?
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    edited November 2013
    Dude, you Ba-lleeeeew it!!

Yah, seriously, you have no save that is reasonably close to the point where you make that decision? Bummer if not. :(
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Nah, I did Mind Flayer and Beholder areas, all the underdark quests and was finishing up with Ust'Natha when I realized how much of a jackass I am for taking the portal
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    C:MoveToArea("AR2300")

Just talk to the prince and things should work out alright (it did for me when I tested it just now).
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    elminster said:

C:MoveToArea("AR2300")

Just talk to the prince and things should work out alright (it did for me when I tested it just now).

Yeah I dono if I'll do that. Consoling to that extent makes me feel like a slime ball..
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Just CLUA the Wave halberd blade and the cloak of mirroring, that's pretty much all you need from there
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Haha, yeah :D
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    I guess if you have played the game before it would kinda suck. In my first game my paladin didn't trust Seamon, so i missed it. But I still think its amazing that you CAN miss it.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    In fact, I find it quite natural if a Paladin distrusts Saemon (and thus misses the City of Caverns). :-)
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Quartz said:

Aranthys said:

Just CLUA the Wave halberd blade and the cloak of mirroring, that's pretty much all you need from there

That still doesn't make up for the lost interaction with the Director Beholder. ;)
    Oh man! Now that is bad. The best bit of that whole Spellhold-Sahuagin-Underdark trilogy of torture is the Beholder. I feel your pain.

• stargazerbstargazerb Member Posts: 57
    Interesting...I never felt like the City of Caverns was much more than an odd diversion that took a few minutes to work through. I'm always tempted to skip it, but I like the absurdity of Saemon Haevarian too much. I've never used the silver sword though; my two-handers always seem to be paladins. And that beholder really is fun.

"Trilogy of torture" sums about that sequence incredibly long sequence just about right.
  • FouneFoune Member Posts: 53
    The biggest miss-out for me if I would skip that area would be the Impaler spear...
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I hate the Sahuagin city. Walking/talking sharks just seem kind of stupid to me.
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    I like the Spectator Beholder too much to skip it.

And when the Githyanki attack, I make sure to butcher Saemon first. It really annoys me when the cutscene still mentions him disappearing into a magical portal. I mean Dorn just blew him to bits...
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I didn't realise u can skip it. I've always wondered what happens if I just killed Saemon Havarian instead. It would suck to miss out on Silver Sword and Cloak of Mirroring. Both are pretty awesome items.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Yah OK, missing out on the Wave Halberd isn't the end of the world, but I would NOT want to miss out on the Silver Sword. My favorite two-hander, easily. It fuels my life *w*