Skip to content

Safanas Quest

volneb83volneb83 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 525
I have raided the cave on the lighthouse map before I have talked to Safana. Because I have used the Manual of Bodily Health already, she now complaints about not finishing her quest, which I can't because without the Manual her completion dialog is not triggered.

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited November 2013
    @volneb83: So I'm a bit confused on Safana: Is she not in your party when you get the Manual of Bodily Health from the Cave? If not, can you not bring the manual with you out of the cave, talk with Safana to bring her into your party and THEN use the Manual?

I'm not getting the bug.
  • volneb83volneb83 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 525
    Sorry for the confusion:
    At the time i have raided the cave and used the Manual of Bodily Health, Safana was not in my party. I recruited her afterwards, but now without the Manual her quest is not completable and she will leave my party.

I have tried to look into the global variables with EEKeeper to find a variable for her quest, but the only workaround I have found is to set up the timer SAFANABOOK to something far in the future so that she never complaints about not finishing her quest and stays in my party.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Go to the console and enter CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("PirateTreasure","GLOBAL",2); to trigger her "quest is finished" dialog.
  • volneb83volneb83 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 525
    Thanks, that works.

Maybe it is possible to set Safanas Quest as completed upon entering the cave. That would avoid the problem about using the Manual before recruiting Safana.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    AR3601 doesn't have a script running but we could always create one to do this. Save the script as ar3601.bcs.

IF
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("SafanaBook","GLOBAL")
    GlobalLT("PirateTreasure","GLOBAL",2)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("PirateTreasure","GLOBAL",2)
    END

This will auto-end Safana's quest upon entering the cave, whether or not you obtain the book, which should also make it possible to recruit her if you find her after finding the book.
  • MatteMatte Member Posts: 2
    volneb83 said:

I have raided the cave on the lighthouse map before I have talked to Safana . . .

Looked into it cause my Rouge was leaving me and came up with this solution.

This is the EE Keeper; It is a simple save game editor.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-2
    (useful for changing npc alignment so they stop leaving party and everything else)
    (place the executable in the base directory of BG1, simple done)

(in game) Save the game.

(in EE Keeper)
    Load the saved game in the EE Keeper.
    Underneath your character's portrait is a slider; slide it right until you see Safana.
    Locate the inventory tab.
    Find an empty slot and press change item.
    Press filter list.
    In the text search, type "manual" and then check the match item name box; then you press OK.
    Now the book "Manual of bodily health" is one of 3 options.
    Select that book and then press "Assign to Safana [Inventory]."

Save

When you load the saved games then Safana immediatlly finishes her quest.
    This can not fail :D