Skip to content

[Multiplayer] Custom Characters Removed from Party can't join back

ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
@mlnevese can you please put this bug in the list thread? -> http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13071/read-before-posting-list-of-known-bugs-and-issues/p1

Current Behavior: When a client's character is removed from party (by the Reform party button in Character Record screen), he instantly initiates a dialogue with CHARNAME, asking "so do you want me to stay with the party?" or something, being the answer Yes or No. If you say "no", the character leaves the party as expected, but therefore CHARNAME (or anyone else) can't initiate dialogue again with that character, making it impossible to recruit back the referred.

Expected Behavior: When a client's character is removed from party, he should instantly initiates dialogue about staying with the party or not, and everytime he is talked to (by F1's talk command or such) as long as he is no party member.

(REQUEST: If allowed by contract, maybe a third option sending the character to someplace else, like Friendly Arm's Inn?)

Comments

• ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    @Dee , sorry i dont know anyone else from staff, could you please check this bug report?
  • KyzarinKyzarin Member Posts: 21
    I can confirm that this is the case, and that this bug was present in the original games. Also, until/unless Beamdog fixes this, I can point you at the G3 BG2 tweak pack [gibberlings3.net], which has a component specifically designed to fix this.
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    I don't see a point in "keeping" old "bugs", this is clearly not the intended behavior. Thankfully some mod fixes it, but I think this deserves devs' attention for a raw, unmodded BGEE experience. Thanks for sharing your thoughts as well!