Skip to content

Mob Sizes in BG:EE v1.2

I've been playing BG:EE on Steam for awhile now, always on Normal difficulty, and I've noticed that since the 1.2 patch some mob sizes seem to be smaller. Skeleton and Bandit mob size seem to be the same(6-9) but Gnolls, Xzarts, Hobgoblin, and Kobolds only seem to spawn 3-4 units instead of the 5-6 I remember(I've also ran into a few solitary ghoul/ghast spawns where usually it was always 3).

Was this an intentional change? I figure it is, but I don't remember reading anything about it in the change logs and I've seen a few posts talking about mods meddling with spawn numbers so I figured I'd ask. I don't actually run any mods but I do have DLTCEP installed, so I figured I'd ask.

Comments

• zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    i think they changed some of the encounters to make them easier i red about it once or twice
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    How many characters are in your party? Mob size scales with party size.

Otherwise, I haven't noticed any particular change.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    zur312 said:

i think they changed some of the encounters to make them easier i red about it once or twice

Link?
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    I've been playing with a party of six and have been getting swamped with massive mobs of bad guys on Normal difficulty. So it's probably just luck of the dice, so to speak.
  • Xei_Win_TohXei_Win_Toh Member Posts: 43
    I always thought mob sizes of random encounters with creatures like this was level dependent.