Skip to content

Hexxat randomly loses entire inventory equipped

HaldirHaldir Member Posts: 6
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
This is frustrating the hell out of me. I'm in the Planar Sphere about to go downstairs when Hexxat randomly loses her entire inventory. Considering I lost a character before, this means I've lost two people's equiptment now.

Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• RazaDelromRazaDelrom Member Posts: 149
    That's a new one. What condition must be met that this happens? Changing maps, or something else?
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    It can happen if she is killed and turned into mist to travel to charname. She drops all equipment then. Since it has been buggy a few times, I guess it can be related.
    Usually when she turns misty, I can expect one of the following:
    1. Game Crash
    2. Misty, travels to me, while dropping all stuff. But no effect. Even when you raise the dead, she will turn misty and ask for the respite. Nver figured out how you can actually restore her.

Another reason why I do reload the last save place save game (usually copper coronet).
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @RazaDelrom What happens when the game crashes? Is there an error message? Are you certain the crash is related to her death sequence?

Once she moves to Dragomir's Respite, all you need to do is wait an hour for her to regain her energies and she will reappear.

When she dies, like any NPC, Hexxat loses her inventory.
    edited November 2013
    @LiamEsler
    It usually freezes, windows shows the "not responding" animation, the error message apears (a dump is generated), and that's that. Already been around a week and had no accident befall her since then. If need be, I might sent her to death to see what happens.
    @RazaDelrom If you don't mind, that'd be great -- that's not a problem I've experienced (and I've seen a looot of Hexxat deaths), so it's something that'd be great to nut out.
    @LiamEsler

Murphy's law. Started the game new, then tried a view deaths. All what I can show is a Hexxat that is raised from the death, then dies in the very same moment (underground, less then a second between the two events).
    Out of 10 raises only one time did come with a hint that she needs her coffin. But I can't target the mist, and the mist isn't moving after a raise dead. When she is barely alive, she seems to seek her coffin in mist form, but beside moving next to charname, nothing happens.
    Maybe the problem is, that hexxat is pre patch and has an unmoveable item in her inventory? (Casque of Dragomir) I got a ~10 MB .dmp file which most likely was the event, but I'm not sure.
    @RazaDelrom Could you zip up your savegame and send it to liam.esler@gmail.com with the above text copied (just so I know what the save is for)? I'll take a look in-game. :)
    edited November 2013
    @LiamEsler

I have attached the last savegame. You can sent her to ethernal sleep in the sewer and I included a few extra raise dead scrolls for the test.
    edited November 2013
    @RazaDelrom Okay; that is all working correctly in my ame. You can't Raise Dead a vampire; just wait an hour of game time and she revives. :) I see what you mean with the lack of text. Will look into it!
    @LiamEsler
    Aaaah :D
    Now that I know that I simply have to wait or sleep, it makes much more sense. Even though: shouldn't the coffin icon be replaced if it's not vacant? Or, as you mentioned it, any hint to what you should be doing?
    Cantab
    edited November 2013
    The item description for the coffin changes, but I don't think the icon does. It's something I'd like to make more obvious in future, yeah.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @LiamEsler: Can this get moved to "Not an Issue"? If I'm tracking the thread correctly, it looks like all of the information here is "working as intended".
    edited November 2013
    LiamEsler said:

The item description for the coffin changes, but I don't think the icon does. It's something I'd like to make more obvious in future, yeah.

My fault, I was thinking about OHHcask vs. OHHcask2. The desciption changes, the icon does not (even though I still got the feeling that once there was a casket with a figure in it somewhere).

@Illydth
    It mostly works as intended, at least until I can reproduce the error which genereated the 10 MB .dmp files concerning death=game freeze.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    We'll call that another bug in that case @RazaDelrom: Going to go ahead and move this thread.