Skip to content

Can't memorise 'Freedom' spell in EE?!

Oh, come on!
This is ridiculous! You could memorise it with no trouble in the original! Whose idea was it to make it a spell you can't memorise?!

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Your spell book is either full or you have inadequate intelligence (need 18 to memorise level 9 spells)
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    No, I highly doubt that's a problem. It's for Nalia and Imoen, and they certainly don't lack space for spells!

And if they do, I find it highly suspicious.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

It's for Nalia and Imoen

intelligence (need 18 to memorise level 9 spells)

Never had that problem before. What the hell is going on?
    You can give me links 'til the cows come home. I am telling you. I have *always* been able to do it before now. No mods, no spells, no equipment that enhances INT... nothing!
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Yeah and that was due to lousy programming of the original BG2.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    If you read the link you'd understand why.
    @ enqenq and @nano That is no excuse, if it should even be at all, and I shouldn't have to read the damn link!

I'm seriously beginning to question the quality of this version. I expect some kind of resistance to my feelings on the matter, but you might as well shelve them. It's bad enough that Beamdog gave us poor extra content.
  • FFGFFG Member Posts: 52

I'm seriously beginning to question the quality of this version.

Dude, being able to memorize level 9 spells with lower than 18 intelligence was a
    BUG

in vanilla BG2. And you're telling me that this version is inferior because they fixed a bug? Good logic.

• enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Yeah go wild and crazy about every fix of a "feature" that provided you an advantage. I recommend keeping BG1 loot by throwing it on the floor during the first black screen to be the next stop for your crusade.
    edited November 2013
    I never even knew it was a 'bug'! So don't you come swanning in here, and tell me that my logic is crap, because you think you're so bloody clever!

It not like it's a game breaker!
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Alternatively you could edit Intmod.2da with NearInfinity to undo the fix and restore the old behaviour.
    Ok, fine, whateverthehell... I'll drink a damn potion!
  • RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
    Man. I like the game, but people get really worked up don't they?
  • TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265
    Well that's pretty annoying. I always maxed out int on my wizards due to scribe failure and space limit anyway... this just means Neera is going to be extra annoying to maintain. But I guess a quick trip to Lum can take care of that.
  • hansolohansolo Member Posts: 136
    The old behavior was apparently a bug.
    Nevertheless it was much more convenient and player friendly (I suspect the original developers did leave it intentionally this way).
    Now, that it has been fixed nothing has changed but the need to drink potions.
    This just adds some more somewhat tedious work.

If one is really strict, there should also be a limit to clerical spells depending on the Wisdom score. But this would screw some NPCs really up :)
  • MinscandBooMinscandBoo Member Posts: 77

Speaking of bugs, and as I stare at my trusty AD&D 2nd Edition Player's Handbook... Where are my 7 languages for having 18 int?? eh?? It seems that every race I run into I cannot speak their language

;-P

• MinscandBooMinscandBoo Member Posts: 77
    @hansolo I also believe the Magical Defense Adjustment for Wisdom was left out of Vanilla and subsequently, EE. Or maybe they did fix it which is why I am having such a hard time with the brain chewers!
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Reading this guy's posts, can you *imagine* the flack the devs would get if they "fixed" Ranger/Clerics so they couldn't get high-level druid spells. There'd be fire in the streets!
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Or even fix illegal class combinations! O NOES
  • jones0901jones0901 Member Posts: 51
    you send me a link that answers my question, and i'll keep telling you your wrong...ha, this guy
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722

Or even fix illegal class combinations! O NOES

There are no illegal class combinations in the game.
    Some might be missing, but all those presented are fine.

• SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    Or just edit their intel / memorized spells in the Keeper ... Although I can't seem to get it working after patch :P
  • RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
    @Spungi are you using EEKeeper?
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    edited November 2013
    No? Didn't know they made on for EE... Will have to take a look :)