Skip to content

Party Calibration HELP!

just stumbled upon Beoloth and his mad skills. I already have Neera in the party in which I have invested quite a bit on (mage robes, spells, XP) but Beoloth seems like a boss. Would having two mages in a party be too unbalanced? My PC is a blade so already have some magic skills, I also have Dorn Viconia and Imoen, it would mean ditching Kaigan for good, dunno Clerics seem pretty vital. Neera is also important for role playinig reasons. Thoughts?

Comments

• WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    @Ruscoe
    If you play a fighter, you can drop kagain. Two mages aren't unbalanced, but a wild mage and a sorcerer is a bit risky, because you won't get all buffs with a sorcerer (you can still manage to get the good ones and finnish the game without any difficulty) anda wild surge might occur when you buff with Neera.
    Hope I helped!
  • RuscoeRuscoe Member Posts: 126
    Wolk said:

@Ruscoe
    If you play a fighter, you can drop kagain. Two mages aren't unbalanced, but a wild mage and a sorcerer is a bit risky, because you won't get all buffs with a sorcerer (you can still manage to get the good ones and finnish the game without any difficulty) anda wild surge might occur when you buff with Neera.
    Hope I helped!

I'm playing a Blade, who should I drop then a cleric or a fighter?
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Keep cleric, ditch fighter.
    RuscoeEudaemoniumWolk
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    I wouldn't want to go without a cleric for sure. With a blade, Wild Mage and Sorcerer that would indeed be a pretty arcane heavy party, but that could be interesting and fun. You would be a little light in the tank department, but again, possibly could be interesting.

It really depends what sort of game you want. If you like going on autopilot and letting your fighters do 90% of the work, probably keep Kagain. If you're up for a bit more "strategery" give the blade/WM/Sorc combo a shot! ;)
    Ruscoe
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    having two dedicated arcane casters is not unbalanced. in bg2 it's a must and also in bg1 it's a superior configuration and a common one, so don't worry. it's also a more fun one.
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    Heck, with Neera in the game, I've ended up with three arcane spellcasters (Imoen, Dynaheir, and Neera) in the runs I've done so far.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited November 2013
    In the run of BG1 I'm doing, I'm currently at 3 Arcane Casters and one Fighter/Thief with a bard and a thief yet to join.

I find 3 arcane casters with a body guard is quite rollish, especially when the arcane casters are Baeloth, Edwin, and Charname.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I'm currently playing with just Neera and Branwen as casters. The going is gonna get tough in the end.