Skip to content

UK Timezone (RP Strong)

Comments

• MalbortusMalbortus Member Posts: 106

i'd love to join but i dont use skype, i am on Xfire though which has chatroom functionality so we can all talk at the same time like skype and its free, oh ill only be really available tuesdays and thrusdays

I'm afraid this group will be playing on Wednesday evenings, as per the OP.

For what it's worth, yesterday there were two of us who felt that Skype interferes with BGEE's connectivity. (I could never connect when Skype was running, and always connect when it wasn't.)
  • MuttleyMuttley Member Posts: 65
    Nice journal entry. I vote we keep a record on this thread of our travels. Malbortus has done a splendid job with the first entry and I nominate him as the party's scribe.

On another note. What are everyone else's thoughts on more players joining in? Im pretty sure there are others that have posted on here that haven't contacted us via skype. Personally I'd be quite happy to see another two join for a party of 6.
    The more, the merrier... as long as it remains stable.
    Yeah true. i did wonder about that. Day at home waiting for courier to arrive today. So familiarising myself with BG2. Which was the first D&D game I played(that wasn't pnp).
    BG2:EE I am not buying until they fix multiplayer and release the Android version.

I always liked BG1 better than BG2 anyway.
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    Ye i was also more of a fan of the first one because of the story and the fact you had to actually go looking for quests, rather than them being handed to you left right and center :)

As much as i would love to play with a full party tho, i think 4 will still be max until they finally fix the connection issues next year. It's highly unstable with 4 already :s
    That being said, if more are able to join without crashing us all, i'm all for it.
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    Yeah, if we can get a 5th/6th person in without spending two hours getting the game set up, then great, but it seems that might be a tall order at the moment! My biggest fear is that Sunday was merely a lucky fluke when it finally did work with me hosting, and we will encounter yet more issues on Wednesday, though I hope that's not the case!
    Hi peoples! Good session tonight minus some minor technical hiccups :)

As I briefly mentioned, Monday brings me an exam, of the kind that must be passed, so staying up until 10pm playing computer games is a sub-optimal plan. Would an afternoon adventure be acceptable, so that I could get a couple of hours of evening cramming in before an early night? Something like 4-6 perhaps?

(Eagerly awaiting the next instalment of our party's adventures, Malbortus!)
    4-6 GMT on Wed should suit me as I usually finish work at 3pm. Can't speak for the others mind. I'd still be keen to attempt a 5th player(as a test maybe to see if it works) if only to make lighter work of some of the combats.
    I can't do any earlier on Wednesdays, Sunday is my main concern Muttley!
    Oh I thought you meant Wednesday. We aren't playing Sunday as far as I'm aware. Last Sunday was just a trial run really to make sure things were running ok.
    Oh, alright, that's not a problem then. See you all on Wednesday!
    Are we on for today, folks?
    Thanks again folks for a good session. Due to Tetraploid being busy next week and myself wanting to go for my monthly pub visit we are having a planned break next week. Was a good session toinight, though I am considering changing my character's name to Kenny. See you all on Dec 11th peoples.

Woof!
    Hi folks, just a reminder than next week (Wednesday 4th) we will have a planned break but we'll be hoping to resume the following week (11th). @Liberelli it would be great to have you back!
    Forgot to add: Prior to the server going up. Meet on Skype so we can make sure we all about.
    The road to Beregost was uneventful, but he town itself was not. The party hadn't even checked in at the Feldepost Inn or they were accosted by a drunk bully. Fortunately, violence could be averted. They enjoyed a good rest, visited with Firebead Elvenhair and went shopping at the local weaponsmith. At Landrin's house, a peek through the keyhole was enough to reveal a spider infestation of the sort best not adressed without the help of antidotes, so this was left for later.

Continuing to Nashkel, a good deed was done towards society by ridding the road of two wandering ogrillons and a raiding band of hobgoblins. The party was even rewarded by delivering a lost letter.

Our heroes arrived at Nashkel around the same time as its annual Carnival. Unfortunately, things weren't well with the town's main source of income, the iron mine, and no one was in a mood to party. The Carnival seemed dreary and dull. Loud arguing could even be heard from the tents. So our adventurers decided to see if they could lend a hand at the mine itself.

On the way there, they were ambushed by robbers, but a sinister half-orc showed up in time and helped them take out the bandits.

Arriving at the mine site, they were allowed entry, but the workers weren't helpful. They'd either be pushing around carts filled with useless ore, coughing up blood, or telling tall tales of demons and ghosts. Fisherman-style exaggerations, no doubt. All the party could find was a stray kobold or two. They ventured on to the lower levels. There however, they were ambushed time and again by swelling numbers of kobolds, forcing them to retreat and find healing.

Unable to cast healing magic, Ellesin suggested the alternative of necromantic magic to drain life from one's opponents in combat, so they went in search for a mage who might know such a spell.

Passing by Nashkel, another attempt was made on Dyrellei's life. An evil cleric cast a Hold spell, which Dyrellei could evade but Ellesin and Rufus could not, after which she mercilessly slew Kenny Rufus before falling herself to the combined attack of Dyrellei and the recovered Ellesin.

Passing by Beregost, our adventurers had a run-in with another mage. This one tried to trick them into killing merchants in order to rob their gems. They caught on to her vile treachery, however, and turned the tables on her. With some difficulty, her deadly spells were interrupted and she was taken out.

The local mage was then visited, and he was indeed not shy of necromantic magic, littering his surroundings with skeletal guards and his keep with golems built of undead flesh!
    Unfortunately, he wasn't a great teacher, and Ellesin flunked her crash course in black twice over, still leaving the party without healing options.

Driven to near bankruptcy by failed research and multiple resurrection fees, where will the party turn to next?
    Poor Rufus...
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    Sorry i didnt make it guys, i'll be honest, i forgot all about it :)
    I'll be sure to put it in my books so i dont forget again. Just consider Star to be on a critical mission for Helm, i'm sure she'll find the party again at one point.
    Just a reminder that we are back live in game this Wednesday. Don't forget to meet up in Skype first pre game.
    Even before the stench of Thalantyr's flesh golems had left their noses, the party ran into another foul smell: that of a gnoll raiding party. They made short work of them, and confiscated a blade with the name "Perdue" inscribed on it. A quick investigation around town soon led our heroes to the rightful owner of the sword.

As they went out to celebrate their good deed, they ran into another assassin, a dwarven fighter, unwashed and out for blood. He hit quite hard, too, and Dyrellei was forced to observe a careful distance, not to say she beat the realm's record at the 100m dash at one point. Despite his strong armor, however, the bloodthirsty dwarf eventually succumbed to Rufus' and Ellesin's relentless hail of arrows.

Reassured by these successes, the party returned to Nashkel, where Dyrellei had an odd dream about Candlekeep and roads to choose. Moreover, on the next morn she appeared to have been blessed with healing abilities! At last the gods were smiling on her. Picking up on the rumours of winter wolves, she and her companions set out to hunt these evil creatures, but were unable to locate any before they were run off by the local champion at darts.

Irritation about such ingratitude by the local populace even led to bloodshed when the local youth in Nashkel pushed our heroes too far. Clearly, it was time to deal with the mine situation once and for all. Again they descended in its dark depths, wiping kobolds out of their way, avoiding (most) traps and even tackling huge spiders and a lost ghoul in the underground complex, before striking camp in some damp caves adjoining the mine.
    I don't notice any lag at all. (The host is in the UK and I'm in Belgium, so maybe 300 km distance.)

The only MP issues we're currently experiencing are:
    - the server breaks down during chapter transitions (the dreams) so the host runs those with no one connected;
    - I have to quit Skype in order to connect.

We got spots open if you're interested! ;)
  • TrenzaloreTrenzalore Member Posts: 3
    Can i join please?
    I don't think anyone will mind. We play on Wednesday evenings, 8-10pm GMT. Right now we got a Swashbuckler (protagonist), Archer and Fighter/Mage. (Our cleric/mage appears to have lost interest.)
    Add me to skype Trenzalore. mr_muttley
    Hi folks! I am held up at work and it is looking like I might not get home in time to host at 8pm. Is it alright if we postpone provisionally until nine and have a shorter session? I will post again when I leave work and have a more accurate idea of when I can make it.
    Thanks for the advance warning Tetra, it's fine by me. I'll have Skype open and will see when we start.
    Should be ready for 8.30.
  • OgaburanOgaburan Member Posts: 83
    This seems like a very fun group... are you guys still playing this? Are there any other open spots?
    If so please PM me.
    Hi everyone!
    I don't remember what, if anything, we agreed about today, but it would probably be easier for me to leave it until next Wednesday if that's alright? I can't guarantee if/when I'll be free this evening, and if I am out I won't have internet access to warn you all that I'm running late like before!