Skip to content

Strength bonus to darts, daggers and slings?

I'm getting very confusing information from the threads here. Anyone knows if and how any strenght bonuses apply?

Comments

• AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Slings do have strength bonuses now. I'm pretty sure throwing weapons do not get str bonuses though. Makes absolutely no sense to me, but there ya go.
    Astafas
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    Thanks! Yeah, that's relly weird!
  • RazaDelromRazaDelrom Member Posts: 149
    I agree that it doesn't make sense at all.

Why should the sling get more out of more strength then a thrown axe or hammer?

Even though that slings do behave similar to bows (minimum strengh needed, rotating/drawing speed will increase with more strength), some get an unlimited strength damage bonus, while the others do not. That can't be correct, since bows and slings both have a maximum force one can apply to the launcher before they break.

Throwing Axes/hammers behave differently. Here more strength will directly give more impact. Why don't at least the heavy throwing weapons recieve the strengh bonus they deserve?
    I'll have to double check. It may have been darts I was trying out. I'll report if I find any issues.
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    @Dee, Neera gets the same amount of damage with the Boomerang Dagger +2 (4-10 damage) as Hexxat (without her cape on).
    I have to correct myself. I have just bought some throwing axes, and you can see the STR bonus. I asumed that if the firetooth +3 (throwing dagger) doesn't get a strengh bonus, no throwing weapon will get it. The Azuredge also got the strength bonus.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @Dee the sling +2 that has a 15% chance to disease on contact doesn't give a strength bonus to damage, and everard's sling+5 ( the one the joluv sells) still gives a to hit bonus with high strength
    Yeah, it was the Boomerang Dagger. When my friend got it, we noticed that it didn't have a strength bonus.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    Astafas said:

@Dee, Neera gets the same amount of damage with the Boomerang Dagger +2 (4-10 damage) as Hexxat (without her cape on).

No she shouldn't be. Hexxat without her cape on would get a damage bonus of 8 each hit over Neera. Unless Neera had something to equalize their strength.
    Here, a screenshot of my blade with the Boomerang Dagger equipped:

As you can see, I have 20 strength, but get no damage bonus from it.
    elminster
    edited November 2013
    Looks like none of the throwing daggers have the strength bonus working on them when thrown.

(for any dev that sees this Troodon and I brought up specific daggers that aren't getting it #7152 )
    Post edited by elminster on
    AkihikoJuliusBorisovPurudayaRazaDelrom
  • Cowled_wizardCowled_wizard Member Posts: 119
    Tested it and can confirm... throwing daggers get no str bonus. Both boomerang and firetooth , unsure about others.

Also, Using a throwing dagger as melee gets you the same 2 attacks per round as if used for throwing... but she does get the str bonus when using it for melee , and as melee you still cant equip an offhand weapon.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    So throwing daggers not getting the str bonus in bg2ee is a bug? Ah, that's good to hear... sort of. I thought that it was intentional and was pretty disappointed.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited November 2013

Tested it and can confirm... throwing daggers get no str bonus. Both boomerang and firetooth , unsure about others.

Also, Using a throwing dagger as melee gets you the same 2 attacks per round as if used for throwing... but she does get the str bonus when using it for melee , and as melee you still cant equip an offhand weapon.

Well, that is something on my personal wish list: That ranged weapons, especially one handed weapons can be combined with offhand items (not two weapon style) in the quickslots without hassle. Once you have a ranged weapon in the quickslot, offhand is gone.

And I can confirm that the firetooth +3 doesn't get the STR bonus ranged AND on melee. Don't have a Char with dagger mastery, but I'm pretty sure that the APR don't add up as well.

Well, that is something on my personal wish list: That ranged weapons, especially one handed weapons can be combined with offhand items (not two weapon style) in the quickslots without hassle. Once you have a ranged weapon in the quickslot, offhand is gone.

And I can confirm that the firetooth +3 doesn't get the STR bonus ranged AND on melee. Don't have a Char with dagger mastery, but I'm pretty sure that the APR don't add up as well.
    I'm getting the strength bonus fine with melee.
    edited November 2013
    @elminster
    Must have forgotten to switch the ability to melee.

The simple throwing axes do get STR and DEX on TH0 and they get STR on ranged + melee.

The firetooth +3 does get DEX Mod on TH0 on ranged (no STR bonus damage), no DEX mod on TH0 on melee (but STR bonus damage on melee).
    The APR for the firetooth +3: 7/2 on ranged and melee with GM
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    edited November 2013
    Lupine sling does not seem to get the damage bonus from strength right now. Can anyone else confirm?
    edited November 2013
    nsr said:

Lupine sling does not seem to get the damage bonus from strength right now. Can anyone else confirm?

Yea its not doing it. That one was actually known about earlier (not from this thread).