Skip to content

New characters banters?

I'm going through BG2EE with Dorn, Hexxat and Rasaad, almost completed the Underdarc section. And it just came to me that there were no interparty banters except between Aerie and Hexxat. It is a bug or intended stuff? Vanilla characters have at least 2-3 banters... Just kind of disappointing.

Comments

• gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    On my playthrough, dorn talked to hexxat, and hexxat talked to viconia. Banters have always been quite rare, and i haven't come far yet.
  • ChinookUTChinookUT Member Posts: 32
    I've encountered several conversations between Dorn/Hexxat/Rasaad/Neera.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @vierrae Actually, vanilla characters usually have 1 banter per pair -- or none at all. Some specific pairs have a lot, but most of the time, there's actually not a lot of interaction.

This is why the Banter Pack and IEP Banter mods were created. :)
  • vierraevierrae Member Posts: 103
    edited November 2013
    So it *is* bugged then. I knew it! Right, banters are scarce, but to have none at all between some characters is weird. Like Haer'Dalis was supersilent through all the game.
    @LiamEsler This is why I've always been using these mods actively :) It's just so very dull without.
    @vierrae I'd probably say if you've had that Aerie/Hexxat banter, it's not bugged. Have you got cheats enabled? Try selecting the party and holding down CTRL+I for a while.
    @LiamEsler Yeah, they're on but it only works for CTRL+ commands, the console if not working properly. I'll try it, thanks. Just maybe it has something to do with mods installed, though they are BG2EE compatible.
    @vierrae Possibly -- if that's the case there's not a lot we can do on our side, unfortunately. Give CTRL+I a shot and let me know how it goes :)
    @LiamEsler It works, just had some banter between Dorn and Aerie in ToB. Weird. Thank you so very much for help!
    No worries :)
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    Wait, what is ctrl+I supposed to do?
    @Mechalibur CTRL+I cycles through all banters until it finds one that's available to fire.
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • selkyraselkyra Member Posts: 54
    LiamEsler said:

@Mechalibur CTRL+I cycles through all banters until it finds one that's available to fire.

Well I'll be... I didn't know this. Useful info, thanks!

edited November 2013
    ...and here I CTRL+I'ed till death battle between Aerie and Hexxat. So much for interparty communication :)
    jackjackbooinyoureyesJuliusBorisov