Skip to content

How do you pronounce the name Imoen?

Sometimes the pronunciation of Imoen sounds like /eməuen/, sometimes like /iməuen/.

And there are some discussion about this. For example:
http://viktorie.fuzzymonkey.net/~diana/forum/showthread.php?t=4122

---It's pronounced like the letter "M" "O" and "N" together."

---And it looks like a typo of Imogen. Imogen and Ione, as mentioned above are much better in my opinion since they are actual names.

---It does look like a typo of Imogen! LOL

---Too close to "I moan".

---Heheh. Someone's a Baldur's Gate fan!

---It's pronounced "em-oh-en"?

Then, the question: how do you pronounce the name of Imoen?

Comments

• KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Hmmm.. like she does when she says.. "Heya! It's me, Imoen!" ;)
    nietzschelivesCrevsDaakdawnlanceJuliusBorisov
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I ever pronounced it as it sound in spanish, and that's how she says it, it was really funny :D
    No?
    NO, I WASN'T.
    Hey, who let "The Other Me" (the one with the caps is the other me :D) to talk here.
    I DID, I NEED NO PERMISSION.
    Damn you man!
    DAMN YOU, BITCHIN' SOD, BERK!!
    Oh, shut up!
    SHUT UP YOU!!
    No, I won't!
    YES, YOU WILL!!
    No, you will!
    WILL WHAT??
    Stop speaking!
    OK.
    Oh, gods, that berk of the other me >.<
    SoRrY!
    dawnlance
  • dawnlancedawnlance Member Posts: 25
    Thank you for your response!

Everyone has different ears. Could you plz use IPA to mark your pronunciation?
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    The latter in your first transcription (as heard in her "Heya! It's me, Imoen!" soundclip).
    dawnlanceKurumiOxvaCrevsDaak
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Yes. When a person speaks his or her own name, that is how it is pronounced.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

No, hell no. You won't want to see a friend of mine trying to say his name with a sandwich in his mouth (the entire 3 feet long Uh? 3 inches long? Uh? NO, HELL NO, BAATOR BE DAMNED, just it was normal sandwich, wide 4 centimeters and 6 long), it was, well, annoying, he couldn't say any. single. letter.
    dawnlance
  • dawnlancedawnlance Member Posts: 25
    CrevsDaak said:

No, hell no. You won't want to see a friend of mine trying to say his name with a sandwich in his mouth (the entire 3 feet long Uh? 3 inches long? Uh? NO, HELL NO, BAATOR BE DAMNED, just it was normal sandwich, wide 4 centimeters and 6 long), it was, well, annoying, he couldn't say any. single. letter.
    You are funny looking:)
    CrevsDaak