Skip to content

Biff the Understudy appears in Narlen plot cuscene

KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
edited July 2012 in Fixed
This appears to happen when the player has killed Resar before completing Narlens second quest.

--

Added check in NARLEN.BAF to make sure that the cutscene does not trigger if Resar is dead.

(Originally found and fixed in DudlyFix)
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Well Biff the Understudy no longer shows up so that works... but... the quests need a look at.

You accept Alatos' quest to steal the artifact from the three sisters and you accept Narlen's first quest. If you only complete Alatos quest then return to the thieves guild they will all turn hostile once you hand in the quest. You then do Narlen's quest and once finished you return to the thieves guild and everyone is dead but Narlen doesn't seem to care and carries on to give you the second quest.

This time lets assume we both do Alatos' quest and Narlen's then return to the thieves guild for reward. You talk to Alatos first then only Resar will go hostile. However, I've noticed that this doesn't always happen. Sometimes they all turn hostile, even If I haven't harmed the sisters. I found this in BG1 too. However, if instead you first talk to Narlen and accept the second quest he walks off and then if you hand in Alatos' quest everyone will go hostile.
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    Hmm, maybe add the problems with those quests as their own separate issues in the bugs forum.
    Ok, done. Then I suppose to all intents and purposes this bug is fixed. Biff did not appear.
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    Wait... Biff is supposed to turn up during the quest if Resar has already been killed... That is the whole point of Biff. To act as a placeholder if a quest giver is killed. I'm not understanding the bug here.
    edited June 2012
    The point is Resar is dead. There shouldn't be a placeholder for a dead guy. :P

Also Resar gives no quests as far as I remember. Pretty much all dialogue with him results in him wanting to kill you haha