Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Inconsistency in Rasaad's story

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by Gate70 on
YozZzZzsunset00

Comments

• sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Well, funny.. that's also the first thing i noticed when i saw a quick video on YT about Rasaad location in BG2.. i had the same immediate thought (having used heavily rasaad in BG1, done all his quests lines..and even kept him up to his lv8..even if i did not use him for the very final fight^^).

.. i was like that too: 'whaaat?!'...
    Just after that, though, i began to try to rationalize that and tried to tell to myself ('that's so big.. no, no, not possible..they do care for the stories, hu!' )) )... and finished to imagine that, somehow, Rasaad put the blame on Alorgoth alone... in the way, 'without him, i will never have had to kill my bro'..the blame and fault would be on Alorgoth so! In a way, well..that's not totally false too...without Alorgoth, all that would have never happen.. but well, yes, felt weird the first time i heard that too.. *) ;))
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    I'm pretty sure that's just Rasaad rationalizing. NPCs are not omniscient narrators.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    In Rasaad's eyes, while the party may have struck the final blow, it was Alorgoth who killed Gamaz.
    sunset00
  • AthiuenAthiuen Member Posts: 28
    LiamEsler said:

In Rasaad's eyes, while the party may have struck the final blow, it was Alorgoth who killed Gamaz.

By turning him to the Dark (Moon) Side in the first place.

sunset00
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    indeed..yes, makes sense that way so.. and a kind of denial too *) (nb; 'NPCs are not omniscient narrators'..yes, very true..but real writers behind are)) ..but/and we know very well the literary trick in a A Song of Ice and Fire / George RR Martin serie, for ex..totally (sur)exploited classic concept there.. k ;) */ )