Skip to content

Where is Irenicus at Spellhold? (bug)

baron_spaghettibaron_spaghetti Member Posts: 4
edited November 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Played it through a thousand times before and this never happened in the original. It looks like rarely happening to others but has never been properly reported. This is a game-stopping bug. I CANNOT continue.

*Spoilers*

I am in Spellhold and I finished the trials. I exit and talk to Simon. Regardless of what he says I then go either to open the door directly to Irenicus (which should be instadeath) or go upstairs to rally the nutters and the teleport down to fight the baddie.

Here's the rub. He's not there. No Jon Irenecus. If I walk in then I walk in and nobody kills me. If I teleport down with the nutters then we teleport down and we're in a room with no Irenecus. I cannot continue and there is no bypass that I know of.

Any ideas or assistance? REALLY not in the mood to restart.

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Tried out your save game and irenicus is indeed not there. Was this a save in spellhold prior to the patch? Do you have any mods installed or have you done any EEKeepering?

Quick fix if you have the console enabled. Either go in alone or get help from the crazies then
    C:CreateCreature("ppireni2") That worked for me with your saved, he started dialogue and slaughtered us all, heh.
  • baron_spaghettibaron_spaghetti Member Posts: 4
    No. Vanilla Steam installation of BG2 EE. No mods. No EEKeepering. I don't think the EEKeeper will work with Steam anyways.

Will try your quick fix in a couple of hours.
    Oddly it also "disappeared" all of my items in my bag of holding.

That included all my Crom Feyr scrolls and collectable items (yes I can create them with the console).

It also respawned all time people and items in Brynnlaw. Quests included. I moved on to the Saughuin city and underdark but it's like everything was rebooted.
    Yes I did!