Skip to content

Game freezes after last update.

Comments

• skitzkittenskitzkitten Member Posts: 1
    Can I simply say ditto?
    I'm running the same graphics card that seems to be the issue. (Intel GMA 950)
    Please don't tell me that I've just wasted my money.
    Please tell me that there will be a patch for this and that everything will be alright.
    Please?
  • OlleelloOlleello Member Posts: 3
    Did some digging and it seems as if our GMA950 cards won't take us beyond OpenGL 1.4 ergo we are screwed
  • RoacRoac Member Posts: 6
    Olleello said:

Did some digging and it seems as if our GMA950 cards won't take us beyond OpenGL 1.4 ergo we are screwed

I really hope that isn't the case.

• ArthursilverbladeArthursilverblade Member Posts: 112
    @Cleverant @Dee or anyone :)
    Some news pls?
    Thx
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The GMA 950 does seem to be the common denominator. We're looking into the problem, although it may be a bit before we have a solution.
    CrevsDaak
    Ok thx. I'll wait :)
  • Raphite01Raphite01 Member Posts: 20
    Same issue. I just bought the game and downloaded (seemed to meet the system reqs of 10.6.8 and dual core), created a character with no problem, but hit crippling lag/freeze when beginning the game.

Model Name: MacBook
    Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
    SMC Version (system): 1.17f0
  • ErikErik Member Posts: 1
    Just bought BG2EE. I played BGEE with zero problems. Experiencing the same issue. I am very disappointed. Any word on a patch to fix this issue?
    Dee said:

The GMA 950 does seem to be the common denominator. We're looking into the problem, although it may be a bit before we have a solution.

Two messages above you. They are working on it thankfully.

• tlwallstlwalls Member Posts: 28
    It would be nice to have a pre-patch version of the game to install, so we could go back to the game.
    Tadpolefacejthanson
    In case this extra info helps:

After I launch the game, but before loading a save, I can navigate those menus at normal speed. After loading a saved game, even though my character can barely move, I can click though inventory, spellbook, etc at close to normal speed, but slightly slower. However, when I try to click through the different profile pictures while in the same game, the responsiveness is quite slow, and my fan kicks into high gear, as if loading a profile picture is the hardest thing evar.

Thanks for looking into this!
  • CorvCorv Member Posts: 1
    So is this a snow leopard issue? Takes 2 minutes after character creation for first screen to load and then it freezes
    Lion too
  • TadpolefaceTadpoleface Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know if this problem is present on the current BG2 release? Now it's out I'd like to play it again but I'm unwilling to drop more cash on a game that doesn't work on y machine even thought I have the advertised minimum spec

• tlwallstlwalls Member Posts: 28

Does anyone know if this problem is present on the current BG2 release? Now it's out I'd like to play it again but I'm unwilling to drop more cash on a game that doesn't work on y machine even thought I have the advertised minimum spec

I spoke with Dee about this, and he said that if your machine is having this problem with BG, it's likely to have the same problem with BG2.
    If anyone figures out a workaround before this is patched, please post!
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    @Raphite01, window mode maybe?
  • jthansonjthanson Member Posts: 4
    @Zafiro, window mode doesn't help.
    tlwalls said:

I spoke with Dee about this, and he said that if your machine is having this problem with BG, it's likely to have the same problem with BG2.
    @tlwalls wish I thought to ask him that myself, thanks for the info

• OlleelloOlleello Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2013
    Must say it seems to me like a bit of a rip-off to sell a game under misleading min-specs...
    tlwalls
    ^ Beginning to agree.

Totally understandable for issues like this to crop up in computer games from time to time, but it'd be nice to have an update. Otherwise we waste time scouring the forums for news or workarounds. There's no mention of it in the notes for the next patch.
    tlwalls
    pls pls pls any news???
    2 months that i can't play without sense after patch and no info no way to solve the question!
    pls help!
    thx
    tlwalls
    @Cleverant @Dee
    Some news pls?
    Thx
    tlwalls
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    @Dee @Cerevant
    Is there anything in one of the latest patches (beta ones, I assume) that may have addressed this issue?
    (i.e., should I update the BGEE on my 10.7 machine and try it again?)
    @alnair
    Just tried the latests patch (the latest from the aap store so it may not actually be the latest) and nothings changed yet.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    @Tadpoleface
    Thanks... anyway I lost tracks of which patch is published and which is the latest beta, so the question to @Dee and @Cerevant still stands.
    Any news? @Dee
    Olleello
    Please let us know what the plan is for this, it's been quite a long time that we've been unable to play, with complete silence from you guys. If you're not planning to resolve a broken game issue for some of the systems that were in the "minimum specs" description, that is fine, but then it's time to start letting us know how to handle refunds.
    OlleelloRoacjthanson
    I sent a request through their helpdesk just now. I'll update the thread when I get a response.