Skip to content

Adventure Y

2»

Comments

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    What if Adventure X just turns out to be BG3.
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    Here's my actual guess: it's an adventure playing Tamoko and friends. You don't really know much of what any of them did, and they're very bare-bones as characters. That satisfies being related to the bhaalspawn saga, and isn't as restrained as a "between-games" adventure would be. Sarevok himself may be only an occasional PC (due to power level and puppy-kicking evilness), or may be the main PC depending on when it is set.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

Let's have them fix the game deleting my beloved Slayer Change first, I think.

I am so glad this isn't just me having this problem. I had to manually edit it in using Keeper to get it to stick around (but the version I'm using doesn't give you a reputation drop, so I don't think its the proper one).
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    rdarken said:

On the concept of a "bridge" between BG and BG2... I don't know how I feel about that. For one, your party is locked: CN, Minsc, Dynaheir, Imoen, Jaheira, and Khalid. If Evil players weren't happy before, imagine how they'd feel then!

Secondly, it's going to be SO SHORT! As I understand it (and I could be wrong), after BG, CN and co basically got ambushed by Shadow Thieves, at which point Irenicus jumped them and took them hostage. Not much story there. Though, I guess there could be a short adventure post killing Sarevok and pre jump.

Its fairly ambiguous exactly *when* the Shadow Thieves abduct you. That said, I'd prefer not to be forced to take the canon party at all, and I don't think having them makes one bit of difference. Just give us an adventure between the games and we can head canon why we wake up with those people in the dungeon. I usually just ignore Jaheira and Minsc and pretend they aren't there.
  • albinocobraalbinocobra Member Posts: 56
    Cuv said:

oooh! Time for another bucket of popcorn I see!

Damn you, you are enjoying this far too much for my liking. I bet you guys spend 1/2 of your working hours reading our cra* and laughing your behinds off, instead of writing/programming. Gah!
    /joke

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @albinocobra You may be right.

On a side note: Am I the only one that does want the 'Horse Armour' ?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I would be disappointed if it is playing Tamoko or any other BG character. I want to pick my character and play the adventure. Story is key for me, actually (not interested in gladiator type games, for instance).
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited November 2013
    @Cuv: Only if it comes with a centaur companion. :P

@reedmilfam: I don't know, it might be kind of cool to play, say, Sarevok before the start of BG1: you recruit your party members (Tamoko, Angelo, etc.), find the spot Bhaal died, track down and kill a bunch of Bhaalspawn before finding out about Gorion's Ward... It sidesteps the problem of shoehorning in an in-between episode which could completely unbalance BG2, while still telling an interesting story.
  • WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    I find that the enhanced material so far is far too linear. Be it the new npc quests or the black pits. If adventure Y is to be something similar to what they have been dishing out of late, then they might as well not bother and improve and build upon what they have already released.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Worg said:

I find that the enhanced material so far is far too linear. Be it the new npc quests or the black pits. If adventure Y is to be something similar to what they have been dishing out of late, then they might as well not bother and improve and build upon what they have already released.

I'm willing to let the Black Pits slide as it seems intentionally linear for an intended type of gameplay. I agree though, that I really hope Adventure Y takes place in BG:EE and fits into the game structure; that is, I hope it's easily accessible and modular. I'd love for random wilderness zones and sidequests to be tacked on to whatever the main plot of Adventure Y will be. I know everyone doesn't feel that way, but I sure do!
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    "When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes

I have a pretty good guess (idea) of what Adventure Y is going to be. But that's classified information on strict demand from the highest of sources in this forum. So I can't tell you. Sorry. :-P
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited November 2013
    @Cuv, i know its OT but have you looked at this, and does it require great ressources to make it work ?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25316/dragonlance-mod#latest
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    shawne said:

@reedmilfam: I don't know, it might be kind of cool to play, say, Sa----

Nah, that'd be horrid, imo. I agree with reedmilfam; I want to play -my- characters, not someone else's. There's plenty of Adventure and some action-RPG games out there if I want to let someone else dictate who I'm playing... I rarely want that.
    lordkim said:

@Cuv, i know its OT but have you looked at this, and does it require great ressources to make it work ?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25316/dragonlance-mod#latest

Aha! OT stands for Off Topic!

I was thinking, "Overtime? Overlord Tempus? Obviously True? Ornately Trite? Old Times?"

Ahem, anyhow, a Dragonlance mod would be cool, I have fond memories of the books. Adventure Y will have nothing to do with that of course, although a Krynn crossover would be wondrous to behold.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @lordkim There just isn't much to work with there. Like avenger said, only a demo was created. I don't even know who has the assets any more, the project kinda just died. could be resurrected, but it would take a big modding team and find who has all the stuff.

return to regular discussion :)
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    Personally, I'd really like some more enhancements to BG:EE. Random, respawning mobs would be nice. Traveling the Sword Coast ought to be dangerous, and more frequent (and powerful) enemies and ambushes would factor nicely into that.

They could also add a merchant that sells unique items, but trades them for bounties. Kill 'x' ogres for a cool sword, 'y' goblins for a new spell, 'z' orcs for a pimpin' armor, and so on. In fact, setting up a small area with a bunch of bounty hunters and merchants would be really awesome. And a bounty board! Oh man, I *so* want a bounty board! The one in Dragon Age: Origins was sooooooooo much fun!

::drool::
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited November 2013
    I would like to see a Dracolich-themed quest added to ToB just to mess with the players. A Dragon, but undead, with breathing capabilities and a disembodied soul.

BGEE on the other hand... Maybe add more to Gullykin which is sort of empty?
    Have the devs said what they're currently working on? I imagine they're still patching BG2EE, but that can't be their long-term project, and a game studio always has something on the back burner, if only in concept form.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

Have the devs said what they're currently working on? I imagine they're still patching BG2EE, but that can't be their long-term project, and a game studio always has something on the back burner, if only in concept form.

Twitter said:

Ulrox ‏@ Ulrox 16 Nov

@ TrentOster So whats next after this? icewind dale EE? planescape torment EE? :D

Twitter said:

Trent Oster ‏@ TrentOster 16 Nov

@ Ulrox iPad 1.2, iPad BG2EE, Android 1.2, Android BG2EE... Quite a pile of work before we do something else

@mch202
    Hmm... so I guess we won't see adventure Y for a while :/
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

@mch202
    Hmm... so I guess we won't see adventure Y for a while :/

Its probably true, but I guess that not of Overhaul team is working on the Ipad/Android versions, The artists/writers are probably already working on something new - be it adventure y, new NPC dlc or something else..

Well, we also don't know how much work they might have gotten done towards adventure Y when they decided to stop and work on other projects. It could be more than just a storyboard brainstorm, there might be work put in on it already. That's optimism, yeah... I can't help it.