Skip to content

cannot save or rest in BG1EE v 1.2.0

RB178RB178 Member Posts: 25
I cannot save or rest during the game after moving to another area on the map. Whenever I change area, I have to move somewhere else to trigger an autosave in the area where I want to be, then I can load this autosave and I can save and rest again. The problem then cinsistently occurs again as soon as I move to another area, through the world map. It is playable, but very annoying. Does anyone know any solution for this?

Running Windows 7 and installed the following mods:
DiffTweak
Packmule
AR (TeamBG's Armors)
W (TeamBG's Weapons)
SA (High level abilities)
ConvenientAmmunition
Neera Expansion Content
Wandcase
Wmart
Charan's Max Hit Point roll companions
Continue game
NewWorld
XPcap L40
High Level Abilities

And the following expansions:
DarkHorizons
Karatur

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited November 2013
    @RB178, I don't suppose you have anything like Spirit Armor active? (It's s known problem in BG2:EE, at least)

That's a lot of mods, so it might be difficult to replicate.

Can you remember what you were doing before the issue became noticeable?
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
  • RB178RB178 Member Posts: 25
    I do not use spirit armor. The problem started occuring somewhere halfway my game, unsure when exactly. However, it probably started somewhere between the bandit camp and the cloakwood mines (I think).

I have not installed any mods during the game, I installed them all before starting the game. The problem occured somewhere along the way. I normally don't save a lot until halfway the game when things get more challenging so until that point I depend mostly on the autosave feature.
  • RB178RB178 Member Posts: 25
    Got it... It's the bloody mule... It seems to hang around in areas with enemies while the party is already in a completely different area. Luring the mule with the ability doesn't work immediately, but after trying again in a different area it will come and saving and resting are restored. Silly stuff. Don't really need the mule anymore since the bags of holding are also added through a mod. However, I'm afraid that uninstalling will corrupt my save games, so I just keep track of it.

Thanks for the assistance anyway.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Can't you just kill the mule? (ctrl-y).