Skip to content

What's your favorite browser?

2»

Comments

• MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    Lemernis said:

[...]overall Opera is super fast and it gives possibly the crispest display among the big five [...] I really like Opera's Speed Dial, which is essentially a more visually oriented bookmarking feature [...]

This.
    I've been using Opera since 2006, it's a great, fast browser and the speed dial is just too comfortable to use other browsers.

• DMZDMZ Member Posts: 39
    Pale Moon here, which is a 64bit build of Firefox. Uses more memory, but is really stable and accepts all and more abuse than Firefox does.
  • RnRClownRnRClown Member Posts: 182
    edited February 2013
    @Erg

Thanks. Portable Apps is great. I have it installed on my USB Drive with Opera as my first addition.

This very website looks a world apart while browsing via Opera, more so than a screenshot would have led me to believe.

Is there a way to set the default level of zoom in Opera? It's no doubt simple...
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    @RnRClown The Opera zoom is a slider at the lower righthand corner of the screen.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    One that works at all times would be nice. Technical problems can REALLY ruffle my feathers, so to speak.
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud I think you'll probably run into the least problems with the browser being unable to display this or that using Firefox or Chrome.
    I am quickly becoming a fan of Opera as my go-to web browser. The Speed Dial is brilliant. The overall crisp clean interface is fantastic. A few of the online retailers that I frequent see their websites load noticably faster with a smoother overall browsing experience. Full access to many websites full potential (images, colours, etc) is very refreshing.

The one problem that I've encountered thus far is to do with my online banking service. Opera is not supported. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari are the recommended (and supported) browsers. That is unfortunate, but I will probably always have another browser such as Chrome or IE as a secondary option for such instances, if I switch over.
    I have them all installed, with Opera being my main. (For anything I might design I want to see how they look in each browser.) I use IE for a number of things that Opera doesn't support and since they're Miscrosoft apps IE makes sense. I think Chrome and Firefox are pretty nifty but I don't like their interfaces nearly as much as Opera. And Opera's display quality is noticeably sharper. Safari I almost never have occasion to use, although it looks well designed.
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    I've been using Firefox since pretty much forever. Although the occasional memory leaks are annoying, I've yet to find a browser whose interface I like more.
    Does it matter where I install Opera? I'm on Windows 7 and often see advice to install outside of program files in various instances.
    @RnRClown Hmm, I don't think so... I'm using Windows 7 and I just followed the basic installation for Opera. That said, I just do the updates now. So perhaps the initial installation has changed since I installed about 2 years ago.
    edited February 2013
    @Lemernis I followed the basic installation and everything appears to be dandy. Thanks!

Opera really is a fantastic browser. It's like going from a poor terrestrial signal in black and white (Internet Explorer) to a digital high definition one in full blown colour (Opera).

I'll keep IE to see how it progresses with newer versions, and because my wife refuses to give any other browser the opportunity to impress. Her disdain for all non-IE browsers stems from frustrations with Firefox on our old computer, and on her sisters current laptop.

@Erg Thanks again, for bringing Portable Apps to my attention. If not for the try-before-you-buy test drive it provided, I'd probably still be an IE exclusive user.
  • RangerSGRangerSG Member Posts: 22
    I use Chrome simply because it's easiest to sync between my laptop and tablet. I liked Firefox, but the last few iterations have become painfully unstable. I did like Opera. But it didn't sync as well between my machines as Chrome. So I succumbed to the Google Apocalypse. Not terribly happy about it. But it is what it is.
    I just upgraded to Internet Explorer 10. It now shows the menu bar @Troodon80 posted at the beginning of this thread. Posts made by @Lemernis are also in grey, as opposed to black. It looks like IE is trying to catch up.
  • SeetharamanSeetharaman Member Posts: 1
    My favorite browser is Mozilla Firefox.
  • Prasanna16Prasanna16 Member Posts: 1
    My favorite browser Mozilla Firefox.
    I'm using Chrome for the moment. Can't complain, except for the fact that I can't organise my favourites into folders, like I could in Explorer.
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud I'm not sure what you mean... open chrome://bookmarks > organize > add a folder?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2013
    Since ever, Safari.
    And that pesky Internet Explorer, but ages have passed since I used it.
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    It's safari. Cloud integration bithf

@Kitteh_On_A_Cloud I'm not sure what you mean... open chrome://bookmarks > organize > add a folder?

I guess I have been overlooking this feature all this time then. Now I feel dumb. :p
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Safari, Chrome not far behind.