Skip to content

Throne of Bhaal: New Quest Starting Locations (Maybe Spoilers?)

So I'm going through ToB and trying to figure out how to start the new quest chains for all for EE characters. At least one seem's to be based off a plot event so I'm a bit concerned about missing the opportunity for Dorn as Hexxat as they're not in my main party. Does anyone know where the quests for those two start?

For those interested:
Rasaad - Random encounter when moving between world map locations
Neera - When speaking to merchant you save after first porting outside Saradush

Comments

• IstreddifyIstreddify Member Posts: 6
    Hexxat - inn in Amkethran.
  • Shift07Shift07 Member Posts: 11
    Any one know where Dorn's questline starts yet?
  • althoralthor Member Posts: 67
    Well dang, I already spoke to the merchant without Neera. Guess I miss out on that one.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    althor said:

Well dang, I already spoke to the merchant without Neera. Guess I miss out on that one.

You don't have to talk to the merchant you just need to be in that area. She sparks up a dialogue when you enter the area.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Dorn's is a random encounter that occurs while travelling after a week has passed, from memory. :)
  • HannarrHannarr Member Posts: 20
    I'm not getting anything from Neera in the north forest, tried re-entering, running around and sleeping. is there anything else to trigger it (i've already cleared yaga-shura and abizigal.)
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    Tenrecc said:

Sidequests would've been a bit... off? I mean, you have Godhood around the corner, but let's go chasing a few smallfry bandits for a bunch of gold coins or a new shiny sword. Maybe I'm alone, but ToB is my favourite part of the saga and I don't find it boring at all.

There's always something more urgent than those sidequests. In SoA your tasks are no less important and time critical, and yet you're traveling around exploring crypts and running errands for random strangers.

It's the same for a lot of games. It's hard to tell a good story if it can easily be interrupted for 200 hours of sidequests with. If you can take all the time in the world to focus on other things, it implies that whatever the main quest is, it's not all that important.

I don't know how to solve that problem. I simply accept that it doesn't make much sense, but I want to do my sidequests anyway.
    I've finished dorn's, hexxat's and rassad's quests in ToB, i can't get Neera's to start. is there a CLUA command to kick it off?
  • JarlealeJarleale Member Posts: 114
    edited January 2014
    You could try this:

C:MoveToArea("OH6400")

Cast Nahal's, and then rest.

I haven't testet it myself though...

EDIT: Changed the area code. First written incorrectly as OH5400.
    Post edited by Jarleale on
    Nothing unfortunately
    edited January 2014
    First of all, I wrote the wrong area code. Secondly, you might need to change the global variable as well. Try this:

C:MoveToArea("OH6400")
    C:SetGlobal("OHN_TOB_PLOT","GLOBAL",1)

I tested it, and it seemed to work for my party, even though I had completed Neera's questline in my game.
    edited January 2014
    I tried that, Neera keeps initiating the conversation had after defeating the fake korkorran. so perhaps there is a conflict with Hexxat's quest.

*EDIT* found a fix for the problem at http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27797/hexxat-neera-discussion-bug-spoilers
    Ah, figures, as I haven't done the Hexxat quest yet.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Well, Neera's there seems like there could be time for a slight detour because your lifting a siege expected to take months... Also you can check on Saradush in the meantime and its maintaining the status quo...
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    edited July 2015
    I understand that there are supposed to be quests for some characters in ToB? I can't seem to get them. Everything seems pretty linear so far, although I have only finished the Sara's Tush part and am heading out into the woods.

Also, I am trying doing two run throughs side-by-side. The good guys, and an all-evil run through, wherein I constituted the group by summoning a bunch of low lifes to the pocket plane. I have MC, Dorn, Sarevok (whom I dualed over to a mage ... doh!), Hexxat, Edwin and Viconia. That bit back in SoA where you have to choose a core group for two entire chapters is a really bad bit of game design, IMO. It totally screwed up my plan of rotating between good and evil groups. The ones who were left out are way behind in development. Importing them into Ch 8 pumps them up a bit, but still leaves them short a few levels.

The problem lies with the fact that a Planetar of Justice is after Dorn. We killed off her crusader toadies and drove her off with heavy damage, but now we have to invade Heaven (or someplace like it) and erase our names from the Scroll of Justice? Huh? Seriously, are Torm or Tyr or whoever's in charge up there going to be fooled by such a ridiculous ploy?
    Post edited by FrdNwsm on
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    @FrdNwsm you know, I am not sure Tyr is especially bothered by petty matters such as tracking some lowly blackguard. He leaves that to his servants and he probably does not take care of Lunia more than checking if his pets are still alive once in a while.
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    Arunsun said:

@FrdNwsm you know, I am not sure Tyr is especially bothered by petty matters such as tracking some lowly blackguard. He leaves that to his servants and he probably does not take care of Lunia more than checking if his pets are still alive once in a while.

Heeeh; that sort of begs the question. Even if no deity is involved, what about the Planetar of Justice whom we fought? She suddenly forgets that we killed off her lackeys ad gave her a thumping? Apparently erasing our names from the scroll induces her to have a severe case of amnesia.

• YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    FrdNwsm said:

Arunsun said:

Heeeh; that sort of begs the question. Even if no deity is involved, what about the Planetar of Justice whom we fought? She suddenly forgets that we killed off her lackeys ad gave her a thumping? Apparently erasing our names from the scroll induces her to have a severe case of amnesia.

That may be exactly what it does. :smiley: