Skip to content

List of "conditions"

kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
Is there somewhere a list of the conditions that can be used in weidu dialogues?

For example, I would like to check if the main character is a mage (single or multiclass), if the party has a certain item and so on.

Does a comprehensive/complete list exist?

Comments

• prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
    http://gemrb.org/iesdp/scripting/triggers/bg2triggers.htm

IESDP is your friend. If not, it should be. :)
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    Aha! Thanks, that's very useful material! :)
    edited December 2013
    I've got another question, that I couldn't figure out after a few days of search. Even a skim read of the gemrb sources didn't give me much of an insight (didn't go too deep though).

How is the "caster level" managed with dual and multi-classed? By logic I would say if I have a F5/M10, the caster level should be 10 - but this depends on the engine, so I ask. Or is maybe linked to the spell level (1-9) unlocked by the caster? That should be more fair, as bards can be pretty high level but have a steadier spell progression table than wizards.

Also, how does one get the caster level (and also the current spell level unlocked by an NPC) for use in dialogues? A read through the IESDP resources didn't help. I could only find this stat:

79 CASTINGLEVELBONUSMAGE

that I take as being a modifier, not the final value.

Any insight/direction into this would be very useful. Thanks.
    edited December 2013
    In P&P AD&D rules, relevant spellcasting class determines the effective casting level. So F5/M10 would have effective casting level 10. It should be the same way in BG since it's loosely based on P&P. Yes, this means that bards can actually be more effective than wizards at casting damage-scaling spells like Skull Trap because they level up more quickily and can reach higher level than wizards. I wouldn't say it's "unfair" - if you take this away, you remove one of the few real advantages of the bard class in BG.

Wizards, sorcerers, clerics, druids, bards: effective casting level = class level
    Rangers: effective casting level = class level - 7
    Paladins: effective casting level = class level - 8

This effective caster level is hardcoded, unless I missed a thread somewhere and it's now open to modding in EE.

Spell level available for learning/casting is not the same thing, that one is externalized in mxspl***2da (http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/files/2da/2da_tob/mxsplxxx.htm).

There's no script trigger to check for effective spell level or available spell level directly. But if needed I guess you could approximate by checking for class (using Class trigger) and level (using LevelGT, LevelLT triggers) combinations, based on the information above.
    Thanks for the explanation, very useful. A pity there are "so few" triggers :)

Your suggestion is probably the only way to go, as far as I can see.

About the trigger, though, I would think it's better to use the stats LEVEL, LEVEL2 and LEVEL3, if they work as I imagine: for example, a F5/M10 would have LEVEL=5 and LEVEL2=10. In this case is boring (I have to list all combinations) but at least straightforward to get the "caster level" of any arcane caster (for my purposes - I'm excluding bards).

Did I misunderstand their use?
    You're probably right, but as always it's better to test their use first. I haven't had an occasion to use those stats to say for sure how they work.